• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Thank you!
    No Prob :>)

Comment

Originally posted by tandf918 View Post
      Stowers looked very sharp today. Shame she didn't make the US team, but such is life. ...
      Her overall season is shaping up to make life very difficult for the World Rankers!

Comment

Regarding Stowers, I blame her false start woes in Birmingham for her WC berth not coming to be, because her subsequent races were not of what we were seeing from her earlier on. I see Harper-Nelson facing a similar issue right now after her Monaco flub. Glad to see Stowers looking great again!

Comment

Originally posted by tandf918 View Post
          Regarding Stowers, I blame her false start woes in Birmingham for her WC berth not coming to be, because her subsequent races were not of what we were seeing from her earlier on.
          Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

I blame her DQ in Birmingham on her crashing out in Rome three days earlier. NOT!
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank

Comment

My reasoning is illogical, yes, but I'll keep telling myself her problems were snowballing and it caused her to not make the WC team .

Comment

Big improvement by Nickel Ashmeade over recent performances.

M 3000 was another "coronation", only Alamirew having a history that indicates he might give Mo a tussle. Farah set a PB that is a joke; I'm sure he's run faster 3000s in 5000s. PB for Chris Derrick.

Pascal-Lagarde was definitely on his way to victory when he hit the last hurdle with his front leg and stumbled. Still, good race for Richardson. Ortega quite a falloff from his sub-13 in Paris.

M HJ -- Hey, was that Dwight Stones out there desperately squeegeeing the apron? >:-)
              As Hutchings mentioned, seems like Barshim is taking off too far from the bar.

M DT -- After Manilov took the lead, DL leader Malachowski fouled both his last two throws. Difficult conditions, to be sure.

W 400 (non-DL) -- Hastings' =6th best ever. Didn't see the race, but maybe she didn't go out so fast; in Monaco she screamed the 200 and faded to 5th in 51.29. McCorory is still waiting on Felix to "shit or get off the pot".

W 1500 (non-DL) Definitely a "B" race, this. More bad pacing, 63.91, 2:12.21 (68.30). Pretty good race, though, among the four over the last 200. Steve Cram is apparently Weightman's coach.

W 100H -- Stowers just walked down the field the last three hurdles, beat Harper-Nelson, Rollins, Porter by almost .2.

W 400H -- Hejnova is looking golden; to bad Spencer hasn't been in her races. Moline fell at USATF, then was nowhere in Paris, but looked pretty good. Another possible medalist who won't be in Beijing.

W TJ -- Another lackluster field, one of the problems with the two-day meet mixing lots of non-DL events. After Rypakova took the lead, Williams had one last jump; she hit 14.15 but, according to the broadcast, left 18 centimeters on (or off) the board, which, if accurate, would have resulted in: 14.33, the same as Rypakova's winner. Williams had the tie-breaker, too.

I've been watching the three meets I attended on the DVR. One of them had just Hutchings and Cram, their best combination. Stuart "Absolutely Superb, It Really Is" Storey really gets on my nerves.

Cheers,
              Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                …..
                M 3000 was another "coronation", only Alamirew having a history that indicates he might give Mo a tussle. Farah set a PB that is a joke; I'm sure he's run faster 3000s in 5000s….
                1 more reason why we think all PRs should be referenced in "absolute" terms. i.e., including indoors. He ran faster than this indoors 6 years ago. His real 3000 best is 7:33.1i

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  1 more reason why we think all PRs should be referenced in "absolute" terms. i.e., including indoors. He ran faster than this indoors 6 years ago. His real 3000 best is 7:33.1i
                  And that is also pretty meaningless, because it's an en-route time to his 8:03.40, which is worth 7:27-7:28. I think PBs should be referenced in "event category" terms, i.e. 1500/mile, 3000/2 Mile, when there are anachronisms left over from the British Empire. >:-)
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank

Comment

I was going to cite the 2M equivalency, but it was too early in the morning to do the math!

Comment

Working...
                    X