Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished a disappointing 37th in the top 3 after hovering in the top 20 for most of the WC. I bit hard on the Bolt injury scenario and I was wrong. My opinion on the men's 100 was that Gatlin would run between 9.70 - 9.75. And I didn't think Bolt could do that in his present shape.
    The Americans did not peak well for Beijing at all. Several Americans just did not compete as well as they did in Eugene in June, and Europe in July. Next year is an Olympic year, and some of the Americans need to rethink how they are planning to peak for Rio in mid August.

Comment

• My results were the most awful ever in all three contests. So, I'll depart with a typical loser's declaration, "Wait till next year."
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Originally posted by Pego View Post
        My results were the most awful ever in all three contests. So, I'll depart with a typical loser's declaration, "Wait till next year."
        Even though I did very well, my biggest take-away every year is how 'lucky' you have to be to do well. In a sport where hundredths of a second and centimeters separate places, sometimes you just have to sigh and shake your head on the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post
          I was tied for 50th with the famous Italian in the pick 3 and I was 11th in the pick 20. Actually I missed any chance of top 3 by losing on Sum, Dibaba and women's 4x4.
          "The famous Italian" sucked this time... it may happen, sometimes. Or maybe it's the proof that LopenU was right!
          Congratulations to Pat and Tom, you have done much, much better than me. And, of course, congratulations to the winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by f/f View Post
            "The famous Italian" sucked this time.
            You may quote Ahnolt now, "I'll be back." :-)
            After the USA debacle this year, I wonder if we'll be gun-shy about Ami prospects? I picked 13 golds and 31 medals for USA and still finished high, so I probably won't learn my lesson!

Comment

• Disaster for me, not in top 100 either. Marathon and Race Walking, things I don't like, let me down every times since I always picks the kenyans and the russians, or the ones with the best times. Moreover, many favourites let me down even in the Top 20 contest, for example Perkovich or Sum...

Comment

Working...
              X