X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickson provided some real gems in this thread. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by guinep View Post
      rats123 I hope you didn't bet your house!
      I'd only bet against Bolt if I wanted an insurance policy. Though the odds looked good I didn't follow through with the bet. Will discuss this more in the official m200 thread.

Comment

• Picking Bot to win this year was definatey based more on history and hope than how the season unfolded.

But IMO, these two wins were the most important and his biggest since his Beijing debut. Although it will be interesting if he really retires on top, or continues and we finally see him loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Picking Bot to win this year was definatey based more on history and hope than how the season unfolded.

But IMO, these two wins were the most important and his biggest since his Beijing debut. Although it will be interesting if he really retires on top, or continues and we finally see him loose.
          For me, picking Bolt was based on the fact that he looked like he was fit and had a lot more in the tank at that London meet at the end of July. Bolt's a championship performer and I wasn't going to pick against a fit Bolt, even if he was rusty!

Comment

• Originally posted by guinep View Post
            For me, picking Bolt was based on the fact that he looked like he was fit and had a lot more in the tank at that London meet at the end of July. Bolt's a championship performer and I wasn't going to pick against a fit Bolt, even if he was rusty!
            Exactly. His championship history was the major factor. If it was anyone else who ran 2 rounds of 9.87, no one would even discuss whether or not they would challenge Gatlin. But this was Bolt.

Comment

• Early on, I thought Bolt was going to have to bring his A game to win. I was right about that. I didn't think he still had an A game. I was wrong about that.

Bolt showed himself to be a true champion. Congrats to him.

I think Gatlin has had a magnificent season so far. I hope he gets to run in the remaining DL races. Heck, I'd really like to see the two of them race again this season.

Comment

• given Gatlin's position in the DL standings, as I understand it he has to be invited to the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                  given Gatlin's position in the DL standings, as I understand it he has to be invited to the finals.
                  it is has been a long day. Does your comment mean he must be invited due to his standings or does it mean he won't be in those races unless the promoters chose to invite him?

Comment

• It means they have no choice but to invite him. Becuase of DL rules regarding invites to the yearly leaders (don't remember top what) to Z├╝rich and Brussels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      Exactly. His championship history was the major factor. If it was anyone else who ran 2 rounds of 9.87, no one would even discuss whether or not they would challenge Gatlin. But this was Bolt.
                      Bolt has accomplished so much that, for me, it has earned him the benefit of the doubt. All I needed was to see a good performance (those two 9.87 runs into a headwind were good enough considering how technically sloppy he looked). He then looked great in the 100m prelims which signaled to me that he was very ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎