Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix to run 400 at WC

I wasn't expecting this. I thought she would've opted for the 200m. Does this mean she is out of the 4x100m?

Comment

Makes it more likely SAFP adds the 200 to her Worlds itinerary?

Comment

Originally posted by effable View Post
        Makes it more likely SAFP adds the 200 to her Worlds itinerary?

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

If you're a medal hound this is not good news for the USA. If Felix ran the 200 then McCorory would be a favorite for a medal, possibly gold. With Felix in the 400, the USA may not fill her spot on the medal stand in the half lap.

Comment

Is she ducking competition?

Comment

I don't think she's ducking, but certainly they see an easier path to gold in the 400m. The 200m wasn't going to be easy.

I'm disappointed, that 200m race with Thompson and Schippers and Okagbare and Ahoure and everyone else was going to be epic.

Comment

Not sure it's ducking as much as finding the clearest harbor. With McCorory, SRR, and Montsho out the competition is quite light in the 400.

What The Flying Pigdog said.

Comment

Yes most certainly less competition in the 400 (Miller is no pushover and will be in good shape come WC) i think her coach wants her to go out on top in regards to the WC as he probably doesn't see her getting a chance to Win Gold at the Next WC.

Isn't that the same thing as ducking the competition though, i mean she pulled out and ran the much much easier race of which i totally understand. I guess its a matter of perspective.

Though this could just all be premature and she really wants to double... i will wait and see.

Comment

She may do the 2/4 in rio

Comment

Is Miller definite for the 400?

Put yourself in her shoes. You want gold and only have one chance - she isn't doubling - which race do you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Kav View Post
                          Though this could just all be premature and she really wants to double... i will wait and see.
                          She couldn't possibly double, unless she wants to leave Beijing with no gold. The 200m semi and 400 final are only 1hr apart.

After indicating that Felix will do the 400m this year, Kersee went onto say that he hopes the organizers fix the schedule so Felix can do the double next year, what he terms possibly her "crowning achievement".

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                            Is Miller definite for the 400?

Put yourself in her shoes. You want gold and only have one chance - she isn't doubling - which race do you choose?
                            I'd choose the 400m if I were her. 22.14 might be her ceiling in the 200m, and 22.14 might very well not be good enough to medal next month. Her ceiling for the 400m is well beyond that 49.92 personal best she has now, and I can easily see 49.92 getting her a medal anyway. So for Miller, it's a win-win. The competition is easier in the 400m, and the 400m is her best event.

Comment

Either way good luck to her. I do trust that she has thought this through.

As stated earlier, i understand the rationale behind choosing the easier of the 2 events. Some will call it running from the competition others will say its the smart thing to do.

I'm just going to say, all the best to her. I know she will do her best regardless of what event she runs.
                              Last edited by Kav; 07-30-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X