Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.96 (6-5) HSR for Vashti Cunningham

Vashti Cunningham just now broke her own HSR for the HJ with a leap of 6-5 (1.96) at the Pan Am Juniors!

Not sure if she'll attempt another height.

And this young lady is NOT going to Beijing???!!!!

So breaking a HSR trumps equaling the youth WR? Only in America.

Comment

She'll be in Rio...

Lol, I remember seeing her father Randall leaping over NFL defenders. He only stopped when frightening teammate Reggie White threatened him.

Comment

Is Zamzow one of the great last names of all time?

Comment

Attempted 1.99 and missed. Probably took too many early jumps at the easy heights. The 1.96 makes her =8th this year.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Vashti Cunningham just now broke her own HSR for the HJ with a leap of 6-5 (1.96) at the Pan Am Juniors!

Not sure if she'll attempt another height.

And this young lady is NOT going to Beijing???!!!!
            Presumably iaaf will invite her because she is clearly in the top 32 but usatf will tell them sorry she didn't compete at our senior meet !!!

Comment

She doesn't get an invite, athletes with the standard have to be selected, only athletes without the standard get an invite.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                She doesn't get an invite, athletes with the standard have to be selected, only athletes without the standard get an invite.
                Maybe I am missing something her, but that seems to be an upside down, back to front, incomprehensible policy. Perhaps Ms Cunningham should petition USATF to have any of her performances that met the standard to be DQ's after the fact. Then maybe she will get an invite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                  Maybe I am missing something her, but that seems to be an upside down, back to front, incomprehensible policy. Perhaps Ms Cunningham should petition USATF to have any of her performances that met the standard to be DQ's after the fact. Then maybe she will get an invite.
                  Why is that an upside down? If you have a Q your federation can select you, if your federation doesn't select you obviously they don't want you in Beijing, so why should the IAAF invite that athlete?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                    Maybe I am missing something her, but that seems to be an upside down, back to front, incomprehensible policy.
                    You are. Whether you have the Q mark or are eligible for an invite, you still have to be entered by your national federation.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                      So breaking a HSR trumps equaling the youth WR? Only in America.
                      I don't know, maybe because high school records have been kept for dozens of years, while the concept of a "World Youth best" is in its infancy.

Comment

And where does this rate next to Hill's 10.98 in terms of choosing the HS AOY? It's her second one after all.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          And where does this rate next to Hill's 10.98 in terms of choosing the HS AOY? It's her second one after all.
                          Do what many T&F awards do: have a track one and a field one!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            Madison Wiltrout says hello.
                            Kate Hall, too.

I would go with Cunningham but the 100 meters seems to carry more weight.
                            Last edited by booond; 08-02-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                              I don't know, maybe because high school records have been kept for dozens of years, while the concept of a "World Youth best" is in its infancy.
                              Well, the first mark is Charmaine Gale 1.96 from 1981.

Comment

Working...
                              X