Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Bronson?

Does anyone know what Bryan has been up to? I know he had a two year ban, but I heard he was up to training again. Is he going to the trials or is he done at the world class level?

Re: Bryan Bronson?

he is training in Houston and trying to get the Trials A standard

he has run 50.27 in limited action this year

Comment

He's having a bit more difficulty now that he's not using performance-enhancing drugs.

Comment

change your name to "know nothing", troll, and then we might listen to you

Comment

Yes, exactly.
          How can you know he's not using?
          :-P
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Enough, please. The guy did the crime and he did the time.

Comment

Thanks Powell.

GM, are you a member of Bronson's family? Or maybe a pathetic hanger-on?

He was suspended for using drugs. Enough said.

Comment

no name, you are being unnecessarily mean-spirited to the max..

please read "How to Make Friends and Be Well-Liked."

Comment

Steve, I was responding to a mean-spirited comment made directly to me. If someone writes something like that to me, I will respond similarly. I was not the instigator and I have no wish to get into these types of spats. Perhaps you should explain to GM how to be well-liked.

Comment

>He's having a bit more difficulty now that he's not using performance-enhancing
                    >drugs.

This comment is uncalled for. I know Bronson and he is a fine young man. He suffers from a form of Hodgekins Disease and took medicine for that. It was the same medicine that he took all the time that he was at Rice. From what I understand, he needed the medication to live. Performance enhancing? Maybe. More like life enhancing. I hope that you feel stupid.

Comment

If that's true, he was the stupid one for not having declared it.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Sorry Oletimer -

I'm sure Mr. Bronson is a nice young man, and I'm sure if I were in your posistion I would defend a friend to the end. But I don't believe that Bronson was suspended because he tested positive for a medication that he was taking for Hodgkins.

I do believe he was taking banned substances to enhance his performance in the 400m hurldles.

Anyone out there correct me if i'm wrong...but I don't think its ever been reported that he tested positive. Does anyone remember seeing any news releases stating this as fact? I don't, and I can't find anything on the net now (except in message boards). Someone told me back in 1999 that after he tested positive he was presented with evidence of the positive test, and given the option of retiring, or going to arbitration to dispute the test. If he lost arbitration he would have been stripped of his US championship medals and forced to return prize money he had earned. He elected to retire. That is why he is still listed as the winner of the US Championships in 1996/1997/1998. And that is also why we didn't see him come back in 2001 (after his 2 year ban would have expired), and also why we won't ever see him compete again at the national or international level.

If anyone has information to refute what I stated above please post it. As I said someone else told me the above information, and although I believe that person to be a good source, I am not certain that it is the truth. I'm married, so now I'm getting used to swallowing my pride and admitting when I'm wrong.

Comment

"For instance, American 400-meter hurdler Bryan Bronson, who was ranked No. 1 in the world in 1998, tested positive for steroids that same year; USA Track and Field confirmed his two-year suspension only weeks before it expired on the eve of the 2000 Olympic trials"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/featur ... nts_jones/

Comment

I won't say I'm "refuting" anything, but there's some not-quite-true stuff in there [the post before trackshark's, which came in as I was crafting this] and some flat-out wrong.

That he never tested positive, this from June '99 T&FN:

<<Those seeking an explanation for Bryan Bronson’s surprising lack of form at the end of last summer’s European season may need look no farther than the news that the world’s leading 400 hurdler tested positive for steroids back on July 14.

He wasn’t actually suspended until March 19, with the IAAF’s Giorgio Reineri explaining the delay by saying, “This is a very delicate case. After he tested positive, Bronson was asked to explain himself. He sent us an explanation from his lawyer and a doctor, saying that he had some medical problem. We took the decision not to suspend him immediately, but to await a full medical report.

“We waited nearly 6 months to receive the medical report; the report was never sent and it was impossible for us to reach Bronson, so we have suspended him.”>>

As to what he lost or didn't lose after his banning, prior to Kelli White, I can't recall any American who lost a national championship title for a positive test--or in her case, a "non-analytical positive"--taken in any other meet. Nor do I recall any prize monies that had to be returned. Nor have any national championships from previous years ever been expunged. So he has all those just like everybody else who has ever been suspended. No retroactive punishments.

Comment

He has paid enough for what he has done or was
                              supposed to have done.
                              Even if his career is behind him, doesn't he
                              deserve:
                              1- RESPECT...
                              2- ANOTHER CHANCE IN TRACK (which certainly
                              means much more for him.)

Comment

Working...
                              X