Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Women Making Progress

Though this may not excite too many readers, the top 4 finishers at the Indian Championships ran 51.05, 51.30, 51.57, and 51.59. They may field a 4x4 finalist team in Athens, would be interesting. btw those times are superior or roughly comparable to US champs times from 95, 99 and 03.

Re: Indian Women Making Progress

I am Indian and very excited. Where did you find the results?

Comment

in the spirit of bend it like beckham...

...run it like johnson is a movie i'd eb looking to see...

is the culture in india a major reason for a general lack of world class performances??

Comment

I think there are a lot of factors. 1) Most of the country is very poor. 2) There are only a handful of synthetic tracks in the entire country. 99% of high schools don't have their own track or a school gym. 3) Importance is given primarily to academics and not sports 4) Diet could be part of it as most of the country is primarily vegetarian.

Comment

Results found here:

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=25638.html

Comment

"is the culture in india a major reason for a general lack of world class performances??"

Perhaps they are adopting yet another facet of American culture, with this sudden improvement OK bad joke but couldn't resist (or maybe not so bad) anyway they have more than enuff people to have 4 under 50 at some point in their future.

Comment

With that sort of form, they could almost challenge for a medal in the relay... except they first need to qualify. Until now, they've only run a couple of 3:33's and are 18th place in the race for qualifying (only the top 16 teams get to compete in Athens).
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
              X