X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJD
    replied
    Re: +Re: satch on GOLF

>Well, I was wrong about TIGER and it hurts. It shows the extreme difficulty of
    >the sport and y old SATCH GAVE IT UP after 40 years of deluding myself I COULD
    >be good. TIGER,however ,will be a champion again.

It's another example of kicking your heroes when they are "down", if you want to call where he is now as "down".

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied
    +Re: satch on GOLF

Well, I was wrong about TIGER and it hurts. It shows the extreme difficulty of the sport and y old SATCH GAVE IT UP after 40 years of deluding myself I COULD be good. TIGER,however ,will be a champion again.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Re: satch on GOLF

>I have nothing for or against Tiger one bit, but missing the cut might be good
    >for him.

>"Hello, Butch ? Are you free next week ? "

I think Dr Phil may have to make that call:

"Speaking after Saturday's third round, Woods angrily said he had no idea why Harmon would suggest he was "in denial" about the state of his game.

Harmon, however, hit back on Sunday, saying, "If I was Tiger, I'd probably be upset if I heard the same thing.""

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/3824325.stm

Leave a comment:

• Chambie
    replied

Don't
    >necessarliy disagree with the above but, as I said, never count him out. Did
    >you see him play the last two holes?

Yea, but the other 16 are the problem. At least the comparisons to Jack have stopped. No one will match what Jack has done, at least in my lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>I have nothing for or against Tiger one bit, but missing the cut might be good
    >for him.

"Hello, Butch ? Are you free next week ? "

Don't necessarliy disagree with the above but, as I said, never count him out. Did you see him play the last two holes?

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

Hey Ed, just got back from reading the paper at lunch. Unravelled last weeks mystery as to why the LA Times and Fox Sports World listed the rugby as, "Junior Tour". Today it's listed as, "June Tour"!

Leave a comment:

• The Fern
    replied

I'd like to think it's lefty's year.

Leave a comment:

• 5k Guy
    replied

Go Phil !!!!

"Can he finally win a major?"

Became

"Can he win the grand slam?"

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

I have nothing for or against Tiger one bit, but missing the cut might be good for him.

"Hello, Butch ? Are you free next week ? "

Leave a comment:

• Chambie
    replied

Hmmm... Tiger at +3 half way through the second round. Projected cut at +4...things not looking to good....

However my boy Freddie utterly fell apart....

Got to go with leftie now!

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

course is short enough, and Tiger long enough, that he can leave the driver in the clubhouse.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

As
    >far as tiger goes, not a chance. If you can't keep it in the fairway at the
    >open, which he can't, you have no chance.

Count Tiger out at your peril.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

Papa's got a brand new bag?

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied

saw TIGER hit his 1st shot at 8am, a 3 iron straight down the middle. Told Satch "I feel good like I knew I would".

Leave a comment:

• Chambie
    replied

Freddie Couples will pull it out, been playing very well the last few weeks. As far as tiger goes, not a chance. If you can't keep it in the fairway at the open, which he can't, you have no chance. Satch find something else to predict you obviously don't keep up on golf.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X