Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IAAF to ban drug cheats - If correct what effect on Beijing?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF to ban drug cheats - If correct what effect on Beijing?

The headline story "IAAF to ban drug cheats at last with a significant number of athletes to be exposed and stripped of medals this week" is likely to have massive ramifications for Beijing.

If true, they picked a stupid time to do it.

Comment

the question is, how many athletes might just pull out at the last minute, citing unspecified "injuries"?

Comment

From the article I'm not sure this has to do with present athletes as much as athletes from the past.

Comment

Just come clean IAAF...for once.

Comment

Likely to be bad

Comment

Originally posted by uakari View Post
              the question is, how many athletes might just pull out at the last minute, citing unspecified "injuries"?
              why would that happen? This has everything to do with PAST tests, nothing to do with right now.

Comment

Key point is that WADA has lengthened the 8-year window to 10 years, so that testing using new methods can go back to 2005.

If someone picks up a doping violation from this and has another one; does everything then from the second doping violation disappear from the records in addition to the two years after (and somewhat before?) the test at the WCs? Is it just samples from the 2005 WCs or are other samples also being retested?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Key point is that WADA has lengthened the 8-year window to 10 years, so that testing using new methods can go back to 2005.

If someone picks up a doping violation from this and has another one; does everything then from the second doping violation disappear from the records in addition to the two years after (and somewhat before?) the test at the WCs? Is it just samples from the 2005 WCs or are other samples also being retested?
                  Hopefully all will be soon disclosed

Comment

"We had to destroy the village to save it."

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      why would that happen? This has everything to do with PAST tests, nothing to do with right now.
                      You have to read the press release; its getting ready to stuff some "ex" athletes I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyg View Post
                        You have to read the press release; its getting ready to stuff some "ex" athletes I suspect.
                        Just had a look at the results of 8 Brits who are happy to have their blood results released. Wonder which athletes from other countries are prepared to do the same.??

Comment

Wouldn't you rather wonder, which British athlete is conspicuously absent from those willing to release their results?

Comment

They've done this before all major champs in recent years. If anything it shows that the system is working (Although slowly). It's the blood tests that they've been condemned for that have allowed them to know which athletes to actively target (Ramzi was tested 19 times after Helsinki to make sure he was finally caught). Now hopefully they will be able to take away medals from those champs as well.

This awful trial by media is thoroughly depressing when in actual fact their methods are working. Certainly better than any other sport.

Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

If I was IAAF President I'd be inclined to say 'Fuck It. I give up!!!'.

I wonder why nobody is leaking blood tests from Tennis/Football/Baseball/Basketball etc.

Because they don't bloody do them that's why.
                            Last edited by Flumpy; 08-09-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                              They've done this before all major champs in recent years. If anything it shows that the system is working (Although slowly). It's the blood tests that they've been condemned for that have allowed them to know which athletes to actively target (Ramzi was tested 19 times after Helsinki to make sure he was finally caught). Now hopefully they will be able to take away medals from those champs as well.

This awful trial by media is thoroughly depressing when in actual fact their methods are working. Certainly better than any other sport.

Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

If I was IAAF President I'd be inclined to say 'Fuck It. I give up!!!'.

I wonder why nobody is leaking blood tests from Tennis/Football/Baseball/Basketball etc.

Because they don't bloody do them that's why.
                              What proof do you have that this is working when some major countries aren't testing in-house or just started testing in-house? How did it work for London 2012 when major Athletics countries allowed their athletes to go the whole year untested? That athletes are bribing officials or having officials tell them when the tests are? That bribery implications bring the problem to the IAAF's doorstep.

Independent testing of all and open results of all is the only thing that will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X