Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajee Wilson out of the US team due to injury

I've been told her agent tweeted the info. So who will replace her, Molly Ludlow?

Originally posted by norunner View Post
    I've been told her agent tweeted the info. So who will replace her, Molly Ludlow?
    Ludlow finished 4th and has the Q. Too bad about Ajee but it explains her absence.

Comment

That sucks...

Comment

Cant help but wonder if it is related to having to run the last 200 of the USATF final without a shoe.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

note agent Ray Flynn's wording: <<she even had during US Champs>>; to me sounds like a pre-existing condition

Comment

So within the week the US has lost, arguably, it's best two medal hopes in the men's an women's 800m.

Comment

Well . . . Project 30 just got tougher. Hope she fully heals soon!

Comment

Symonds should be on team but really doubt if he would have medaled. Did anyone list him as a medal winner in any prognostication?

Comment

I agree...Symmonds should be on the team,but, despite his remarkable win at USATF, I would be surprised if he medaled this year. He may not have even made the final. But it's really disappointing that we will never know now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
                    Symonds should be on team but really doubt if he would have medaled. Did anyone list him as a medal winner in any prognostication?
                    http://www.runblogrun.com/2015/07/wh...stevenson.html

Comment

I had him just off the podium, but after his Eugene race, it would have been great fun to have him there. He's another Borzakovskiy - who the heck knows where he'll finish - first or a mad rush to 5th?!

Comment

Great opportunity for Ludlow. I also hated to see Price not make the cut.

Comment

I wondered why Wilson (and Symmonds) were not racing in Europe. Understandable for Wilson. Really have to question where Symmonds' priorities are? Seems he's more focused on branding, marketing, self-promotion, and leaving a lasting imprint on the sport.

Comment

Symmonds is coming back from a period out. I would presume that he got fit enough to have a peak for USATF and then went back in to training to provide a better base and get more speed. His slowish 400 this week is a sigh both that he needs such training and is probably in pretty heavy training.

I am surprised at the repeated swipes at Nick Symmonds -- the last time an American male middle distance or distance runner finished higher than he has was before he was born, I think.

Anyone reading the vagueness of that contract and what it might mean and then complaining that he does not want to wear some Nike clothing is really missing the point of not wanting to be so fully controlled for two full weeks at the peak of the season. And, he gets zilch out of it. Clearly all the comments/tweets by other athletes have been on the supportive side, with none that I know of making some of the rather strong negative comments that people here with nothing in the fire seem to be making so easily -- some times I think that I have called up LetsRun.

Comment

Working...
                            X