Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Duncan View Post
    I can click on any of the YouTube links and it indicates that it is "not available in your country" (USA).
    More than likely, viewers in the U.S. have been blocked from the YouTube stream, since NBC/Universal Sports paid to exclusively broadcast and stream the event. Sadly, that makes sense.....someone mentioned this in the WC streaming thread.

BONUS: Here's the full NBC/Universal Sports schedule, posted on Instagram.
    Last edited by Weights&Shoes; 08-19-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Re the event schedule: I've never seen such a thin program for the final session of the championships. Just six finals (two field, four track) stretched over 2 hours. Actually, looking at the entire timetable, it looks like they tried to put as many of the events as they could into the morning sessions, so all evenings will have relatively little action, quantitatively speaking. Apart from day 1, there will be no heats/ qualification rounds during the evenings, only semis and finals.
      One thing I do like is how they spread the field event finals evenly across all days, so there will be no more than two on any day. Makes things easier to follow and allows each of these finals more airtime (here's hoping).
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Yeah I would've liked to see another final or 2 on the last day.

My only issue with the scheduling goes back to the spacing of the 200/400, sadly no chance to see Allyson Felix possibly getting that double.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
          Yeah I would've liked to see another final or 2 on the last day.
          The evening session on the penultimate day has 9 finals, so the final day is sort of anticlimactic in comparison. IMO, either women's 800 or the 4x1 relays could have been moved to Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by spammer View Post
            It is working perfectly in Finland!
            As far as I can tell, it is not working in Finland; I tried and it didn't work. (The whole meet will be shown live on Finnish TV anyway, so this doesn't really upset me.)

Comment

Doesn't work for me, either :-/

Comment

As of today, per Accuweather:

Saturday 86/30 70/21
                Sunday 82/26 68/20

Due to humidity and cloud cover, temperature still 78/25 at 10 PM local.

After that, mostly 84/27 for highs, 68/20 lows, cloudy, a couple of showers. Of course, this is subject to lots of change.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                  Re the event schedule: I've never seen such a thin program for the final session of the championships. Just six finals (two field, four track) stretched over 2 hours. Actually, looking at the entire timetable, it looks like they tried to put as many of the events as they could into the morning sessions, so all evenings will have relatively little action, quantitatively speaking. Apart from day 1, there will be no heats/ qualification rounds during the evenings, only semis and finals.
                  One thing I do like is how they spread the field event finals evenly across all days, so there will be no more than two on any day. Makes things easier to follow and allows each of these finals more airtime (here's hoping).
                  As long as field events get more airtime that's good . I want to see more attempts live and more attempts in general, more slow-motions of the races. Everything except warm-up area with jogging, stretching and stuff while any of the field events is in progress.
                  What's even worse is watching athletes entering the stadium while security is checking their accreditation and that somehow became popular among TV producers.

Comment

Doesn't work in Austrlalia either... Champs shown in full on Pay TV here (and one hour highlight package per evening on obscure free-to-air channel.

Comment

Originally posted by spammer View Post
                      It seems like this problem does occur if you are surfing from the USA. I can only confirm that the link works in Germany, Finland and Canada so far. But that is still very good news. I will try to figure out some of the other countries it works in .
                      Hell, I'm moving to Finland tomorrow

Comment

Wish they streamed the pre-meet press conferences. At Championships and Diamond Leagues.

Colin Jackson conducted the Jamaica press conference an hour or so ago with Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell, Hansle Parchment. Don't know if its still going on now.

Comment

New WC promo content finally coming out online: https://www.youtube.com/user/IAAF2012/videos

Comment

DAY 1 STARTLISTS OUT NOW: http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaa...imetable/byday
                            Last edited by Weights&Shoes; 08-20-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                              Looking at the 100, I had forgotten that there is a PRELIM to the heats!
                              Their version of a play-in game to the 64-bracket of March Madness.
                              Do any of them survive the next round?

Comment

Won't they be putting out ALL the start lists by tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X