Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preliminary round was introduced at Daegu 2011 only in the 100m , also used later in London and Moscow. It's the stupidest thing ever which allows e.g. women who run 12.50 to qualify for the heats and run two races (practically two rounds) while actually good sprinters who start the competition in heats can be eliminated in the heats with 11.50 (example) after only one race.
    That's how Mikele Barber in Daegu was eliminated in the heats with 11.40 while gals with 12.40 were also eliminated in the heats but they ran more rounds despite their first round is called preliminary round.

Comment

I miss 4 real rounds in 100 and 200. Those were the days!

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
        Lists Updated.
        Last edited by betterthanb4; 08-21-2015, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanb4 View Post
          Lists Updated.
          I sure as heck don't recall being about 15 hours from the start of the 1st event and NOT having T&FN's final Formchart up (for the entire meet!!), with at least SOME educated guesswork as to WHO's competing in what (as in Who's doubling...or not?).

Maybe my memory is starting to fail me, but I believe this is NOT the way it was done in 2013 or at the last Olympics.

Also, weren't there special issues of eTN with all this info last time??

Comment

You mean you will have to actually - gasp! - do the predictions yourself instead of relying on somebody else's? How can they do this to you?
            Last edited by Powell; 08-21-2015, 12:44 PM.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
              You mean you will have to actually - gaps! - do the predictions yourself instead of relying on somebody else's? How can they do this to you?
              and as gh says on the newly formed WC forum, it may not be till late today before we get the T&FN Preview. On the other hand, stuff changes at the last second. Just saw that Souleiman is not on the 800 start lists, which not only changes the form-chart for that event, but the 1500 as well, in my mind at least.

Comment

Report from Beijing: Arrived yesterday. It's been quite warm high 80's to low 90s but little humidity. Ticket clusterfug continued yesterday and it took me 3 hours to finally find proper ticket booths (they'd moved the one I was looking for but didn't bother to update the site). Without the help of two great volunteers who led me around for a couple of hours asking questions of every official they saw, I probably still would be out there. Security is as tight as any I've ever seen. Once I finally got to the ticket booth, there was a sign indicating "morning sessions only" so it appears they really did sell out the evening sessions. Not sure why they're not removing tarps at least along home stretch and back stretch. Smog has been no worse than a summer day in LA and about the same as Eugene (currently battling forest fire winds). The official word in the China News is that traffic is being eliminated 35-50% in anticipation of a military parade on 9/3. Really?
                Haven't been here since 1999, but the general paranoia levels and security seem much higher. No entrance to Tianamen SQ without scanners and the square has conveniently been partitioned in many ways, none of which would allow a huge crowd gathering. People seem friendlier and I'm buying good 16oz supermarket beers of craft brew quality for 53 cents, so no complaints there. I was not looking forward to returning, but conditions a lot better in many ways (good subway, modernization, friendlier people, new airport terminals, etc).
                Last edited by bruce3404; 08-21-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

No KBC due to injury. IAAF Rejects Nesta Carter as a replacement in the 100m.
                  http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ed-bailey-cole

Comment

Bruce3404...remember to keep the criticisms to a minimum...someone might be listening...lol

Comment

My name is DCSIGMA and i am a trackholic....

Comment

Where is a results page/link that shows DETAILED results---like throws in a series, each jump in qualifying---things like that?
                        IAAF ain't it.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                          Where is a results page/link that shows DETAILED results---like throws in a series, each jump in qualifying---things like that?
                          IAAF ain't it.
                          Here:
                          http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaa...l/Result/21499

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

I was just coming on here to ask what happened to the eTN preview that I've been expecting for the past few days. But I see that that question has been asked, and, for now, answered.

Comment

The morning session looks like a great turnout! wonderful to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X