Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2015 WC mPV: Shawn Barber (Can) 19-4¼ (5.90)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't shown any vaulting on Eurosport, either, so don't get too snippy with NBC.

Comment

4 men eliminated already at 5.50 and 5.65. Now the competition starts in earnest.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
        They haven't shown any vaulting on Eurosport, either, so don't get too snippy with NBC.
        USN just showed Lavillenies clearance at 19 ft. Todd isn't a track guy he does snowboarding guy no analysis like Dwight stones. I do miss Dwight !

Comment

Lavillenie, Wojciechowski, Lisek and Barber with a clean card through to 5.80. We'll see how it plays out, but I can imagine a scenario where there are fewer than 3 men clear at 5.90, and this ends up being good enough for a medal.
          Last edited by Powell; 08-24-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Holzdeppe clears 5.80 on second try, everyone else is left with one more attempt.

Comment

Menaldo clears third time to make it six men over 5.80. Everyone else is out.

Comment

Barber the only man over 5.90 on first attempt! He's certainly going to be on the podium.

Comment

[QUOTE=Powell;2532464]Barber the only man over 5.90 on first attempt! He's certainly going to be on the podium.

Lavinellie looks like his height is before the bar but u wouldn't hear technically analysis from Todd

Comment

Everyone else, including Lavillenie, fails for the second time.

Comment

Man! Lavillenie just comes up short.

Comment

And Lavillenie is out!

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                          Everyone else, including Lavillenie, fails for the second time.
                          Lavillenie out ! All three failed jumps the same he won't this time either !

Comment

The height Lavillenie gets is incredible, but his marked deceleration at the end of his run-up seems to affect his penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                              Lavillenie, Wojciechowski, Lisek and Barber with a clean card through to 5.80. We'll see how it plays out, but I can imagine a scenario where there are fewer than 3 men clear at 5.90, and this ends up being good enough for a medal.
                              And indeed, only Barber and Holzdeppe clear 5.90, and it will be a three-way tie for bronze between Lavillenie, Wojciechowski and Lisek.

Before Beijing, there had only ever been one case of two Poles standing together on a WC podium (Rogowska and Pyrek in PV in 2009). In Beijing, we already have two such events: mHT and now mPV.

Comment

Gold for Barber!!

I broke my Twitter because I got too excited I'm in Twitter jail for an hour

Uhhh yeah... that's $60,000 right there, he's not competing for Akron next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X