Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2015 WC mPV: Shawn Barber (Can) 19-4¼ (5.90)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched an interview with Shawn, he says he has not signed with an agent yet.

I stand by my earlier statements...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      A friend sent me this time-lapse photo of Barber. If you look at his second position, you can see what a good technician he is.

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service...=652182&part=2
      The link doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
        When did they determine the height progression for the men? Before the meet, or after they knew there were sixteen in the final?
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        I was told that this aggressive progression was adopted after 16 guys qualified for the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean View Post
          The link doesn't work
          Crap! We USED to be able to post images here - gh, turn that back on!!
          It's a very cool photo. I did a Google image search and there were no matches.

What's another way to post a picture that everyone could access with a Facebook or Instagram, etc. account?

Comment

Open facebook account i guess?

Comment

You could post it to imageshack or Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                You could post it to imageshack or Twitter.
                Both of which you need an account for.

Comment

OK, Becca, I just e-mailed it to you at your PVP address. YOU figure out how to link it here!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    It's not just the initial $60K. The shoe companies may not "shower him with riches" but they'll definitely make it worth his while.
                    There's also a handful of meets post-Beijing in which he has a chance to make some significant coin.
                    Tack on next year's indoor season, and before the school year is out he would be way ahead on the old balance sheet.
                    I would LOVE for him to stay in the NCAA, but let's face it, the $$$ is there now and he can get his sponsor to spring for college costs (pretty standard, as I understand it), so he can stay at Akron.
                    I would love to know the particulars of his contract(s) as he turns pro. I guess that stays confidential, because every contract is individualized.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I would LOVE for him to stay in the NCAA, but let's face it, the $$$ is there now and he can get his sponsor to spring for college costs (pretty standard, as I understand it), so he can stay at Akron.
                      I would love to know the particulars of his contract(s) as he turns pro. I guess that stays confidential, because every contract is individualized.
                      Now, if they could just fix that citizenship glitch.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Now, if they could just fix that citizenship glitch.....
                        Oh, good call!
                        Nike (/adidas/whatevs) addends a little codicil at the end of the contract: MUST be on American team within 3 years!

Comment

But if he became a USA citizen, he wouldn't be able to handle Trials/Pan-Am Games, etc., and still win at Worlds ... jk...

Comment

Here is the picture Atticus mentioned earlier: https://twitter.com/pjvazel/status/636609451391365120

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                              Here is the picture Atticus mentioned earlier: https://twitter.com/pjvazel/status/636609451391365120
                              I redraw your attention to the 2nd image, which I consider the ne plus ultra example of how to get your center of gravity prepared to go really high.

Comment

Another potential thing for the Barber ledger sheet.

What are the NCAA rules regarding national funding from your federation? Is that a revenue source that Barber doesn't currently get that comes on line if he goes pro?

Comment

Working...
                                X