Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2015 WC mPV: Shawn Barber (Can) 19-4¼ (5.90)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ¶2015 WC mPV: Shawn Barber (Can) 19-4¼ (5.90)

    hard to believe, but he's never won this one.

    T&FN chart

    1. Renaud Lavillenie (France)
    2. Konstadínos Filippídis (Greece)
    3. Raphael Holzdeppe (Germany)
    4. Shawn Barber (Canada)
    5. Thiago Braz (Brazil)
    6. Paweł Wojciechowski (Poland)
    7. Sam Kendricks (US)
    8. Piotr Lisek (Poland)
    9. Aleksandr Gripich (Russia)
    10. Jan Kudlička (Czech Republic)
    Last edited by gh; 08-24-2015, 02:40 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    1. Renaud Lavillenie (France)
    2. Konstadínos Filippídis (Greece)
    3. Raphael Holzdeppe (Germany)
    4. Shawn Barber (Canada)
    I'd switch 2 and 4, tho RH could easily go Silver or 8th.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like Barber for silver, gold if Lavillenie has a bad meet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Assuming a good evening, does Lavillenie go 6.10 or higher? 6.0 for anyone else?

        Comment


        • #5
          Qualifying round is at 3:40am Pacific. Follow me on Twitter for updates! twitter.com/polevaultpower

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Assuming a good evening, does Lavillenie go 6.10 or higher? 6.0 for anyone else?
            I'm waiting to see what the runway looks like. If he's got room for enough steps, he could go pretty high.

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like Holzdeppe took 3 tries at 5.70, his opening height, whereas Lavillenie cleared first time. 16 in the final, all clearing the auto mark of 5.70. Two NRs, Croatia and Slovenia. Gripich, Paedh, Da Silva and Walker not in final, cleared 5.65. Some times they don't even need to vault at the Q height.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes it was a pretty impressive qualification. Gonna be a stacked finale!!

                Holzeppe tried to be the "Lavillenie of the Group A" (RL was in the Group B) by only coming in a the Q height, vaulting one time and going back to sleep (which RL did with space to spare), but it very nearly backfired on him, clearing it at the 3rd try. He gave himself a good fright.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tamabi View Post
                  I'm waiting to see what the runway looks like. If he's got room for enough steps, he could go pretty high.
                  Do you really think that they would have less than a full-length (40m) runway??!! If his run is more than that . . . :-O

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Do you really think that they would have less than a full-length (40m) runway??!! If his run is more than that . . . :-O
                    In Moscow 2 years ago, he had to get on the track to start his run, and even then it was less step than he'd have liked, so....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's a steep progression: 5.50-5.65-5.80-5.90-6.00. A lot of people will be eliminated pretty quickly...
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Powell View Post
                        That's a steep progression: 5.50-5.65-5.80-5.90-6.00. A lot of people will be eliminated pretty quickly...
                        That's gonna be a bloodbath, my Gosh. This is kinda tailor made for an in-form RL, though. Could be a good day for him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Assuming he has a good day, that is. He's shown this year he's not infallible.
                          My guess is he won't come into the competition until the bar is at 5.80.
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Powell View Post
                            That's a steep progression: 5.50-5.65-5.80-5.90-6.00. A lot of people will be eliminated pretty quickly...
                            It usually distroys the real competition and it also could end with more than three medalists, I hope not this time..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                              It usually distroys the real competition and it also could end with more than three medalists, I hope not this time..
                              Well, doesn't matter, we won't see much of the competition anyway. We have the NBC crew today instead of the Brits, so instead of actual field event coverage, we'll get very brief "field event reports" in between races and useless out-of-breath athlete interviews. Once NBC pushes the Brits out of the way, field event coverage vanishes.
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X