Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2015 WC w100: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (Jam) 10.76

Shelly starts as the favorite here, and is very capable of setting a CR and new PB if she executes well. However, Bowie, Gardner, Okagbare and her fellow teammates will be hot on her heels to cause an upset.

Start-lists are up for the Heats.
    http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaa...t#resultheader

FIRST 3 IN EACH HEAT (Q) AND THE NEXT 3 FASTEST (Q)

Heat 1
    Bowie, VCB, Asha Phillip

Heat 2
    Natasha Morrison, Okagbare,

Heat 3
    Ahye, Ahoure

Heat 4
    SAFP,

Heat 5
    Jasmine Todd, Schippers

Heat 6
    Sherone Simpson, Baptiste

Heat 7
    Gardner,

Comment

There is probably no other athlete that has been overshadowed by bolt than Shelly.
      If she wins this one hundred she will become the greatest female sprinter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolan View Post
        There is probably no other athlete that has been overshadowed by bolt than Shelly.
        If she wins this one hundred she will become the greatest female sprinter of all time.
        I think you mean greatest 100m sprinter

Comment

The greatest sprinter argument (for male or female) can't be decided without having some parameters. What are we looking at? Which event(s)? How much does times factor? How much does medals factor? Years of dominance?

Comment

T&F News Formchart:

100 METERS
            1. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (Jamaica)
            2. Tori Bowie (US)
            3. Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria)
            4. English Gardner (US)
            5. Dafne Schippers (Netherlands)
            6. Murielle Ahouré (Côte d’Ivoire)
            7. Kelly-Ann Baptiste (Trinidad)
            8. Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jam)
            9. Michelle-Lee Ahye (Trinidad)
            10. Jasmine Todd (US)

Comment

My Predictions:
              SAFP 10.6x
              Okagbare 10.7high
              Bowie 10.8low

Comment

Greatest of all time period! What more does this woman need to do ? Who do you have ahead of her?

Comment

Isn't she already?

Comment

Greatest of all time period! What more does this woman need to do ? Who do you have ahead of her?
                    Prove her mettle in the 200m maybe? She is easily (to me) the best 100m sprinter of all time, add the 60m as well and even a greater argument can be made for her. Add the 200 though and whilst she ranks 'up there', there is more for her to prove.

All in all though, I think if she goes sub-22 next year (which I think she does). No one can remotely doubt her.

Comment

Heat 1 - Interested to see VCB's form. Is she in sub-11 shape or no? I don't think she's medaling in the 100 unless we see something significantly better. Bowie is going to get a medal unless she runs a wreck of a race.

Heat 2 - Okagbare comes into the 100m fresh for the first time in a long time (?). Should have no excuses for a great performance but she falters time and time again on the grand stage.

Heat 3 - Heard rumors that Ahoure was nursing an injury and we know Ahye never seems to be healthy. Will be interesting to see if Ahye is recovered from her hamstring strain in June. I'm thinking she won't be...

Heat 4 - SAFP the favorite, nuff said.

Heat 5 - Schippers has run PBs this year in both the 60m and 100m and is focusing solely on the sprints. Medal threat in the 100 and gold threat in the 200!

Heat 6 - Baptise and Sherone are evenly matched but SS just ran sub 11 at Pan-Am. Hope that great form continues.

Heat 7 - Gardner is a terrific starter and that will position her well to be in the mix for a possible medal.

Comment

I think the most interesting heat will likely be heat 1 (VCB v Bowie). I am not sure how Bowie will manage the rounds, if she is going to go guns ablazing and try to go fast for all 3 races or do the bare minimum in each.

VCB has not yet convinced me of her form so I am tentatively watching her but I doubt much will be revealed until the semis.

This will be a first sighting for Jasmine Todd since the US trials and I assume she will want a good first race. She is running against Schippers who is a likely finalist and a possible medalist so it will be telling to see how the collegiate performs.

Having coming in without any LJ to do does make Blessing an ominous competitor....

Comment

VCB hasn't had the best year but I liked her race in Budapest. She is a championship performer and should go sub 11 at these championships. Is she a potential medalist? I will wait on the heats before giving my predictions.

Okagbare will definitely be a contender for a medal.

Comment

Arguably a Todd above the greats and yes she is now but there is one active athlete who, if win the 100 can say she is the greatest of all time because she has won them all from junior to the senior stage.

Comment

She is already the greatest female sprinter of all time.

Comment

Working...
                              X