Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2015 WC m110H: Sergey Shubenkov (Rus) 12.98 NR

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Blither-blither.

    I have now been hurdling for 50+ year (!!) and have hit people and have been hit. This is in no way intentional.

    http://images.china.cn/attachement/j...0fc67d3301.jpg

    Arms swing. S*** happens.
    And still shot photos are taken to prove that S*** is still spoken.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by user4 View Post
      And still shot photos are taken to prove that S*** is still spoken.
      I have provided evidence for my side, in that shot, which is clear that Robles had no intent to impede Liu. Now you may find a shot that just as clearly shows he DID have intent. Good luck.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I have provided evidence for my side, in that shot, which is clear that Robles had no intent to impede Liu. Now you may find a shot that just as clearly shows he DID have intent. Good luck.
        I think a single still-shot doesn't tell the full story. I don't have time to look it up now, but there were many slow-mo videos available afterwards that made it pretty clear that Robles appeared to be reaching progressively further into Liu's lane, and even grabbing with his hand a bit, as Liu started to pass him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
          there were many slow-mo videos available afterwards that made it pretty clear that Robles appeared to be reaching progressively further into Liu's lane, and even grabbing with his hand a bit, as Liu started to pass him.
          Here it is, look at the 17-second mark

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIon8ocnsc

          There's no way that is intentional. Robles has a wide arm-swing over every hurdle, and it hits Liu, impeding him. It should have been a DQ, but it sure was NOT intentional.

          Comment


          • Guys, take this to another thread and do all your CSI discussion there. Let's not spoil Sergey's moment of glory.; )

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Here it is, look at the 17-second mark

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIon8ocnsc

              There's no way that is intentional. Robles has a wide arm-swing over every hurdle, and it hits Liu, impeding him. It should have been a DQ, but it sure was NOT intentional.
              Yep, im looking at the 13-16 sec interval and it is a no brainer.

              Totally agree with Samuri, Sergi was the class of the field from heat to semi to final !.. Congrats to the mega talent Russian who is as gracious a winner as he was graceful over the barriers.

              it would have taken a Robles to pull him to silver.. ouch , that hurt !!.. I didnt have to say that !
              Last edited by user4; 08-29-2015, 09:03 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by user4 View Post
                Yep, im looking at the 13-16 sec interval and it is a no brainer.

                Totally agree with Samuri, Sergi was the class of the field from heat to semi to final !.. Congrats to the mega talent Russian who is as gracious a winner as he was graceful over the barriers.

                it would have taken a Robles to pull him to silver.. ouch , that hurt !!.. I didnt have to say that !
                And I totally agree with you - Sergi was simply the best from start to finish of this competition, and the only way he would have lost is...well, you know.

                The hurdlers really do seem to respect each other for the most part, great sportsmanship after the race (it almost always seems to be that way with these guys).

                Good luck to Aries.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Madd Marine View Post
                  And I totally agree with you - Sergi was simply the best from start to finish of this competition, and the only way he would have lost is...well, you know.

                  The hurdlers really do seem to respect each other for the most part, great sportsmanship after the race (it almost always seems to be that way with these guys).

                  Good luck to Aries.

                  Very seldom does such great talent meet such great humility, graciousness and sportsmanship. Aries, OG gold and WR holder exemplifies the trade but the past is chok full of these typse, they are as intelligent as they are gifted. The Russian is a great addition.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Blither-blither.

                    I have now been hurdling for 50+ year (!!) and have hit people and have been hit. This is in no way intentional.

                    http://images.china.cn/attachement/j...0fc67d3301.jpg

                    Arms swing. S*** happens.
                    and desperately grabbing at your opponent that just passed you, not once, not twice but 3 times, also happens…
                    Last edited by uakari; 08-30-2015, 12:15 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by user4 View Post
                      it would have taken a Robles to pull him to silver.. ouch , that hurt !!.. I didnt have to say that !
                      Or an Aries Merritt pre-kidney problem.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                        Or an Aries Merritt pre-kidney problem.
                        Indeed !.. and more importantly Aries would never stoop so low as to even try. Indeed Robles act was uncharacteristic of the men in this trade.

                        Comment


                        • I bet Shubenkov was doped up to kingdom come. Only way he'd have won.

                          Comment


                          • Well, that ban that you wanted might be on it's way.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rats123 View Post
                              I bet Shubenkov was doped up to kingdom come. Only way he'd have won.
                              Really ? Why go there
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cladthin View Post
                                Well, that ban that you wanted might be on it's way.
                                Indeed, seems like rats123 is really asking for it after all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X