Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2015 WC w200: Dafne Schippers (Net) 21.63 MR (WL) (3, 4 W)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2015 WC w200: Dafne Schippers (Net) 21.63 MR (WL) (3, 4 W)

T&FN formchart

1. Dafne Schippers (Netherlands)
    2. Elaine Thompson (Jamaica)
    3. Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria)
    4. Jenna Prandini (US)
    5. Candyce McGrone (US)
    6. Murielle Ahouré (Côte d’Ivoire)
    7. Jeneba Tarmoh (US)
    8. Dina Asher-Smith (Great Britain)
    9. Sherone Simpson (Jamaica)
    10. Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jam)
    Last edited by gh; 08-29-2015, 05:00 AM.

Surprised to see Prandini so high but the truth is we really don't know what form she is in right now. She has been pretty absent since trials. Would be gutted if VCB misses out on the finals though.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
      Surprised to see Prandini so high but the truth is we really don't know what form she is in right now.
      Isn't that the $64,000 Question! Either she's going to be rested and PR-ready fit, or hopelessly past her peak and struggles to make the final.
      You're not at Hayward any more!

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how the once injury-plagued McGrone will fare at these championships.

Comment

Elaine Thompson should win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
            Elaine Thompson should win this one.
            She'll have to at least get through Dafne first. That may not be easy.

Comment

Surprised to see Prandini so high but the truth is we really don't know what form she is in right now. She has been pretty absent since trials. Would be gutted if VCB misses out on the finals though.
              She was higher on previous charts as I recall.

Comment

I wasn't paying much attention to the other form charts to be honest. I expected the final form chart to look more like this:

Thompson/Schippers/BOI/McGrone in the top 4
                Ahoure/DAS in 5th and 6th
                Prandini/VCB/SS/Tarmoh filling out the top 10

Specific order is questionable but that would be how I thought they would rank based on their season.

With that being said the 200m this year is pretty wide open if you ask me so anything can happen.

Comment

What has Dafne done in the 200m this year?

Comment

Ran the same time in the same wind as Elaine Thompson, lol.

Comment

To me, battle for gold is a two woman race between Schippers and ET. Okagbare could be in there as well but she's been too inconsistent for me to get behind her. Also is she contesting the LJ too? If so, kiss her chances goodbye.

Comment

[QUOTE=zues2014;2531096]What has Dafne done in the 200m this year?[/

She is the second fastest over the distance

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
                          What has Dafne done in the 200m this year?
                          Not duck her main competition

Comment

That was a dumb question by zeus if I ever saw any.... Schippers have been in the mix in the 200 all season and adding her 22.09 time is actually faster than Thompson's 22.10 SB and both were ran with the same wind....

Anyways I agree with Pigdog, this is a battle between Schippers and ET with the edge probably going to ET if you ask me based on the fact that ET's sole focus is at the 200 distance this year.

Shouldn't be an easy race anyways though and if conditions are good we are in for some pretty fast times. I am thinking a new WL (which means sub-22) for the top 2 girls here.

Comment

Being US champ has a quality all its own... I'm surprised she isn't a slot higher.

Can't imagine she will not be ready to run a PR.

Comment

Working...
                              X