Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post
    How on earth can you know what I am certain of, Alan Shank?
    I assume most of don't think you have the ability to look into the time-space continuum and see what would have happened in alternate realities.

Comment

• It doesn't look like we'll see a 5k rematch or WR attempt this year, where both are rested and the weather is favorable, as I didn't see any W5ks in the remaining DL or IWC meets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post
        How on earth can you know what I am certain of, Alan Shank?
        Because you were talking about a condition contrary to fact, and speculating about what MIGHT have happened. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can be certain of what would have happened. It's amazing hubris to make a statement like that.
        Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post
        And BTW, I was NOT referring to Dibaba doubling up at 1500/5000m. I was referring to her bone spur injury and the fact that she was racing her fifth race in a week, whilst Ayana was racing her second.
        "racing in her fifth race" = doubling up at 1500/5000, no?

Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post
        As for, "urging her on to double after Monaco", how on earth could I do that? As our English hero James Bond might say, "My dear chap, I am not part of the Ethiopian Federation."
        I was referring to people on this board saying she SHOULD double, and that it would be easy. Someone laid out a set of times, etc. I surely didn't mean anyone actually communicated with her. Get real.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
          That video is nearly complete, thank you. It's got a "freeze-up" at 5:00 (of the race ,not the video), then a gap between 5:25 and 7:14, just past 2400 meters. Seems like it's been put together from the BBC video, and they cut away for field events or some discussion. So, we don't actually see the point at which Ayana takes the lead and puts the hammer down. Sigh. Thanks very much, anyway.

I have been able to put together a pretty complete set of splits (10ths) from various videos and the "Race analysis" file that has exact splits for everyone at the kilo points.

2000 to 2400 68.72 (7:14.98)
          2600 7:48 (33.2)
          2800 8:22.6 (34.6) (67.8)
          3000 8:55.7 (33.1) (65.7) (2:4.4)
          3200 9:28 (32.3) (65.4)
          3400 10:01.3 (33.3) (65.6)
          3600 10:34.8 (33.5) (66.8)
          3800 11:06.3 (31.5) (65.0)
          4000 11:39.3 (33.0) (64.5) (2:43.7)
          4200 12:12 (32.7) (65.7)
          4400 12:45.8 (33.8) (66.5)
          4600 13:19.9 (33.9) (67.8)
          4800 13:53.1 (33.2) (67.1)
          5000 14:26.9 (33.8) (67.0) (2:47.6)

At 10:10 into the race, it looks like Dibaba starts to lag, then accelerates and catches up. At 3600, Ayana increases the pace again, and Dibaba lets go. Game over.

Well, that's a pretty good picture of the destruction of Dibaba. I just wish I could see the 1600-2400 portion of the race.
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sngGY1nSy8

This one is pretty good it does have a cut away to some high jump but its before Ayana puts the hammer down truly and separates from Dibaba, so that section where she pushes and moves away is there and fully intact from about the 10 minute mark.
          Last edited by dinamo; 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinamo View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sngGY1nSy8

This one is pretty good it does have a cut away to some high jump but its before Ayana puts the hammer down truly and separates from Dibaba, so that section where she pushes and moves away is there and fully intact from about the 10 minute mark.
            И по-русски, тоже!
            It comes back to the race at 6:55 into the race, Ayana already in front with Dibaba and Cherono there, then a gap back to the destroyed pack. These are all from the IAAF feed, which breaks away from the race repeatedly. Still haven't seen the 2K point in any of these.

There's another video of the M 5000, says, "Full race", and IT IS! It was a BBC feed, with Brendan Foster and Steve Cram practically drooling over Mo.

There's also a 39-minute clip, posted by an Italian club, of the M 10K, but it's got cutaways, too.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
              И по-русски, тоже!
              It comes back to the race at 6:55 into the race, Ayana already in front with Dibaba and Cherono there, then a gap back to the destroyed pack. These are all from the IAAF feed, which breaks away from the race repeatedly. Still haven't seen the 2K point in any of these.

There's another video of the M 5000, says, "Full race", and IT IS! It was a BBC feed, with Brendan Foster and Steve Cram practically drooling over Mo.

There's also a 39-minute clip, posted by an Italian club, of the M 10K, but it's got cutaways, too.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              The French one is the only one I know that goes from the moment Ayana takes the lead until the end. Somewhere from all the clips around there probably is a full race when you add all the bits together. All the other cut away at some point here or there for other events or ads which is unfortunate.

The BBC one mixed with the French one seems to cover almost the entire race except roughly one minutes worth/about a lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJ9gw0YonE
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Za03vyt9I
              Last edited by dinamo; 09-03-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinamo View Post
                The French one is the only one I know that goes from the moment Ayana takes the lead until the end. Somewhere from all the clips around there probably is a full race when you add all the bits together. All the other cut away at some point here or there for other events or ads which is unfortunate.

The BBC one mixed with the French one seems to cover almost the entire race except roughly one minutes worth/about a lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJ9gw0YonE
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Za03vyt9I
                Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That's the 2nd most important moment of the race, the most important being when Dibaba lets go.

The complete steeplechase videos were also in French.
                Many thanks for your efforts,
                Alan Shank

Comment

• What you folks really need to do is find the video that was being broadcast in Addis Ababa. I guarantee you that one didn't cut away for commercials or field events.

What's depressing is that cycling, a far less popular sport in the U.S., is broadcast to American viewers more authentically than track and field. Universal Sports and NBC Sports never cut away for commercials during crucial moments of a bike race, such as the final climb of mountain-top finish stage. A few years ago, they even showed the Mount Ventoux stage in its entirety, (68 minutes!), and we're lucky if we see an uninterrupted 3000 or steeplechase in track and field.

Comment

Working...
                  X