Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 WC - Performance of the championship

There has been some fantastic performances so far and hopefully more to come.

Taylor in the TJ, 2nd best performance/performer ever.

Van Niekerk in the 400m, 6th best performance ever, 4th best performer

Yego in the javelin, 10th(?) best peformance ever, 3rd best performer

Dibaba in the 1500m, the finishing time wasnt that special in a typical tactical championship race, but that last 800m of c 1m57 flat was incredible.

Bolt in the 200m must be considered as well I would think.

Comment

Agreed that Bolts performance should be there since it's a top 10 all time performance. But
      I think the performance of the meet is Taylor's. He came so close to Jonathan Edwards' 20year old WR.

Comment

I would single out that M400m Final all medallist sub 44 and the new comer’s epic take down of the the defending champ and his main rival LM and KJ. IMHO this event "ticked more boxes" to stand out than all the other events

Comment

When Aries wins the gold in 12.99, I'll go with that.

Comment

As of 8/27......

1. Van Niekerk's 43.48
            2. Taylor's 59-9
            3. Bett's 400h win in Lane 9
            4. Bolt's 200 win
            Tie 5. Felix's 400 and SAFP's 100

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23 View Post
              As of 8/27......

1. Van Niekerk's 43.48
              2. Taylor's 59-9
              4. Bolt's 200 win
              I probably brought this up before, but... Taylor had SIX attempts to do that. Yes indeed, a fantastic mark, but no way can I go with field events... unless you're talking Decathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23 View Post
                As of 8/27......

1. Van Niekerk's 43.48
                2. Taylor's 59-9
                4. Bolt's 200 win
                All totally worthy, and that is probably the appropriate order.

Comment

We might should wait til we see Dibaba in the 5000m...

Comment

Originally posted by DSKlausler View Post
                    I probably brought this up before, but... Taylor had SIX attempts to do that. Yes indeed, a fantastic mark, but no way can I go with field events... unless you're talking Decathlon.
                    But the only person who ever jumped farther than Taylor also had 6 attempts; it's a wash when you're comparing closeness to the event's WR.

van Niekerk still a mile away from the 400 best, so I'd have to vote for the Taylor mark, narrowly.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      But the only person who ever jumped farther than Taylor also had 6 attempts; it's a wash when you're comparing closeness to the event's WR.

van Niekerk still a mile away from the 400 best, so I'd have to vote for the Taylor mark, narrowly.
                      Sure, sure: field event mark vs. field event mark... but the immediate pressure of single sprint outweighs that of a multi-attempt event - in my opinion.

Comment

I'd view it the other way (having been more of a field eventer than a runner): each field attempt, if you screw up your technique by a millimeter you're toast.

Whereas in 400 meters of running you can get away with all kinds of errors.

Comment

Personally I would go for Taylor also, 2nd best performance of all time is (stating the obvious) hard to top.
                          The distance runners get a raw deal as 'on paper' their performances hardly ever look great compared to the WR set on the circuit with several pacemakers, but Kemboi's last 300m in the chase along with the previously mentioned last 800m in the 1500m by Dibaba were probably better than anyone had done previously.

Comment

Taylor's got my vote. I thought the TJ would be closer since those two have battled so closely this season.

Comment

Taylor is far an away the performance of the year for me, male or female.

But Rudisha's win was definitely a great moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X