X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weltklasse Zurich DL

Entry lists out: http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/r...rogramme-2015/

A couple of things that stand out:

w100: Ahye, Baptiste, Bowie, VCB, SAFP, Morrison, Okagbare, Elaine Thompson - this looks just as good as the WC finals. Only Schippers missing.

m400: Kirani vs. Merrit vs. WVN

There's a w4x100 too with JAM, USA and TTO, wonder who runs?

I think this is the first time we're getting to see Fraser-Pryce race against Thompson. That should be interesting! Will Okagbare even show, though? I thought she had a hamstring injury.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
      Entry lists out: http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/r...rogramme-2015/

A couple of things that stand out:

w100: Ahye, Baptiste, Bowie, VCB, SAFP, Morrison, Okagbare, Elaine Thompson - this looks just as good as the WC finals. Only Schippers missing.

m400: Kirani vs. Merrit vs. WVN

There's a w4x100 too with JAM, USA and TTO, wonder who runs?
      Sounds fantastic. I'm so ready to see more.

Comment

What are the viewing options? Anyone have any idea?

Comment

A 3000 with Ayana & Genzebe D.
          How about extending it to 5000----both going for WR!

In 3000, if both go for fast time (WR?? Or 8:10 to 8:12?), Dibaba should be clear favorite, DESPITE Ayana's great sub-8:20 closer!
          Don't know her 1500 speed, so Dibaba's 3:50.07 gives her clear edge!

ADD: Just saw that 4 Americans are in this field!
          Simpson & Rowbury could take down Slaney's AR in a fast race---even go sub-8:20.

Coburn and Infeld are also in it!
          Be interesting to see what kind of times they run.

I'd predict low 8:40's for both---and on a sensational day,
          high 8:30's!
          Last edited by aaronk; 08-31-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

All the DL events so far have been in beIN (BEin, BeIn??) sports. It's Stuart Storey, Tim Hutchings, sometimes Peter Matthews, like the Universal Sports stuff but in HD. With commercials, unfortunately, and probably only in USA. I assume EuroSport will also be broadcasting. I have their coverage of all the DL meets this year on my DVR, except I accidentally erase Doha. (Damn, I hate it when that happens!)
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
              All the DL events so far have been in beIN (BEin, BeIn??) sports. It's Stuart Storey, Tim Hutchings, sometimes Peter Matthews, like the Universal Sports stuff but in HD. With commercials, unfortunately, and probably only in USA. I assume EuroSport will also be broadcasting. I have their coverage of all the DL meets this year on my DVR, except I accidentally erase Doha. (Damn, I hate it when that happens!)
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              Thanks Alan! I'm pretty sure my SlingTV trial includes BEin Sports as well.

Comment

If Dibaba was in her 3.50 shape she could challenge 3000's WR. But she is not, she raced too many races in Beijing and even said she had a foot injury after the 5K. I don't think she will show up. Ayana, on the other hand, is clearly in 5K WR shape but I fear she doesn't have the 1500 speed required to go after 8.06 in 3K. I'd like her to have a shot, given her 8.19 last 3k, but if one can break it is Genzebe. Other races sounds great, the 100m is as good as the world final, given the fact Thompson is not any worse than Schippers in the shorter event. M400 looks SUPERB and so does m1500 and also many of the field events (mHJ or mLJ where Rutherford will have to deal with Dendy and Henderson).

Comment

Originally posted by billychuck View Post
                  What are the viewing options? Anyone have any idea?
                  http://www.stopstream.me/ is pretty reliable for me.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    A 3000 with Ayana & Genzebe D.
                    How about extending it to 5000----both going for WR!

In 3000, if both go for fast time (WR?? Or 8:10 to 8:12?), Dibaba should be clear favorite, DESPITE Ayana's great sub-8:20 closer!
                    Don't know her 1500 speed, so Dibaba's 3:50.07 gives her clear edge!

ADD: Just saw that 4 Americans are in this field!
                    Simpson & Rowbury could take down Slaney's AR in a fast race---even go sub-8:20.

Coburn and Infeld are also in it!
                    Be interesting to see what kind of times they run.

I'd predict low 8:40's for both---and on a sensational day,
                    high 8:30's!

as noted on another thread, people typically don't run for time in DL distance finales; they run to try to maximize their jackpot chances. It's serious bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      as noted on another thread, people typically don't run for time in DL distance finales; they run to try to maximize their jackpot chances. It's serious bucks.
                      Don't WR's pay big at DL races?

Comment

All the DL events so far have been in beIN (BEin, BeIn??) sports. It's Stuart Storey, Tim Hutchings, sometimes Peter Matthews, like the Universal Sports stuff but in HD. With commercials, unfortunately, and probably only in USA.
                        Unlike NBC, the live beIN TV broadcasts have limited commercials, usually about 1:50 of action in a 2-hour show.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                          Unlike NBC, the live beIN TV broadcasts have limited commercials, usually about 1:50 of action in a 2-hour show.
                          As opposed to what in an NBC broadcast? Felt like 25:00 of a 90:00 minute show...

Comment

Don't forget, most of these athletes competed in the WC and are tired, so don't expect too much. They are not wind-up toys.

However, there should still be some good competition, especially by a few who for one reason or other didn't get to compete in the worlds (Stowers, lots and lots of Kenyan and Ethiopian distance runners and steeplechasers.

A day earlier, at the Main Station:
                            M PV -- Barber, Filippiidis, Holzdeppe, Lisek, Wojciechowski, Scherbath

M DT -- Gowdas, C Harting, Malachowski, Kanter, Milanov, Urbanek, Wierig

W SP -- Camarena-Williams!!, Carter, Brooks, Smith, Schwanitz

W LJ -- Bartoletta, Deloach, Klishina, Proctor, Spanovic, Ugen, Nettey

W PV -- Bengtsson, Bradshaw, Kiriakopoulou, Morris, Murer, Sidorova, Silva, Spielburg, Stefanidi

W JT -- Lyu Huihui, Gleadle, Hussong, Molitor, Obergfoll, Palameika, Spotakova, Stahl, Viljoen, Winger (spelled "Lyu" in IAAF, Lu here in the entries, but it's the silver medalist)

W 400H -- Child, Hejnova, Moline, Petersen, Russell, Spencer, Tate, Nel

M HJ -- Baba, Barshim, Bondarenko, Drouin, Duffield, Onnen, Protsenko, Tamberi, Thomas, Tsyplakov, Zhang

M SC -- Birech, Huling, Jager, both Kemboi's, both Kipruto's, Koech, Taleb

M LJ -- Dendy, Hartfield, Henderson, Lapierre, Menkov, Rutherford, Taylor!, Wang

W 100 -- Ahye, Baptiste, Bowie, VCB, SAFP, Okagbare-I, Thompson

M 800 (non-DL) -- Aman, Rudisha, Balla, Cheruiyot, Kinyor, Kipketer, Kszczot, Lewandowski, Makhloufi plus Sammy Tangui for pace (Pretty good field for a non-DL race!)

M 400 -- Gardiner, James, James "20.4" Makwala, Merritt, Santos, Van Niekerk, Verburg, Yousif

M 200 -- Ashmeade, Dwyer, Edward, Jobodwana

W 800 -- Almanza, Arzamasova, Buchel, Hassan, Jozwik, Kohlmann, Lamote, Martinez, Oskan-Clarke, Price, Sum, Sharp, Usovich (pace?) (Lots of shared lanes.)

M 110H -- Bascou, Brathwaite, Darein, P M-L, Oliver, Ortega, Richardson, Shubenkov

W 3000 -- Ayana, Belete, Cheptai, Cherono, Cheruiyot!, Coburn, Dibaba, Infeld, Kibiwot, Rowbury, Simpson, Teferi (Lydia Wafula, pace; Irene Jelagat pace?)

M 1500 -- Andrews, Biwott, Iguider, Kiplagat, Kiprop, Kwemoi, Manangoi, Manzano, Ndiku (Caleb, who ran 3:29.50 before turning to 3/5)

W 4X1 -- CAN, ITA, GER, JAM, NOR, SUI, SUI <23, TTO, USA -- no info on the teams' makeup

Since this is the final for these events, they will give out the diamonds to the winners.

The TV segment usually starts at 20:00, with the 400H at 20:05, presumably going through the relay.

Cheers,
                            Alan Shank

Comment

M 400 -- Gardiner, James, James "20.4" Makwala, Merritt, Santos, Van Niekerk, Verburg, Yousif

M 200 -- Ashmeade, Dwyer, Edward, Jobodwana
                              Maybe Makwala should switch to the 200 and try his luck there for once instead, haha.

Too bad there aren't official 200 splits from the relays (or the individual 400) ... that I know of. Whatever happened to the electronic timing every-100m-splits of Beijing 2008?

Although I guess electronic 200 splits of the first 2 legs of the relays would be difficult to take.

Comment

Working...
                              X