Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Zurich web site shows, for each pacemaker, the pace he/she is supposed to set.

W 3000: 4:07 (8:14 pace)
    M SC: 2:38, 5:16 (i.e. 7:54 pace)
    M 800: 49.5 (Sammy, of course)
    M 1500: 1:51, 2:18 -- that represents and increase in pace, so it's not going to happen. I don't think whoever has drawn this up knows what he/she is doing.

Of course, it's unlikely that the elite runners will follow these pacemakers, except possibly in the W 3000.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      The Zurich web site shows, for each pacemaker, the pace he/she is supposed to set.

W 3000: 4:07 (8:14 pace)
      M SC: 2:38, 5:16 (i.e. 7:54 pace)
      M 800: 49.5 (Sammy, of course)
      M 1500: 1:51, 2:18 -- that represents and increase in pace, so it's not going to happen. I don't think whoever has drawn this up knows what he/she is doing.

Of course, it's unlikely that the elite runners will follow these pacemakers, except possibly in the W 3000.
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      I can see Rudisha going for a fast pace, behind his personal pace maker. He won worlds in a tactical race, and since Rudisha has never been that strong in a sit and kick race I could think he is in fairly good shape, something like 1.42 low at least. Moreover, the 800 is not a DL event so he wouldn't risk any points. As for the other races, M1500 are not going to be that fast, I fear, let alone SC where nobody is going to break 8. As for the 3000m, I think the will run fast, I don't see Ayana running a tactical race.

Comment

Working...
      X