Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes for British female sprinters

I hadn't realised that TBO has moved from long time coach to former sprinter and Jodie Williams sprint coach Christine Bowmaker. Any of the Brits on here know when or why?

In the BBC coverage Bianca Williams also said she'd moved camps 6 weeks before Worlds and was enjoying her athletics again as a result?

I didn't know that either and the first i heard about Bianca was on tv !!

Asha left Christine last year

Very interesting
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

The AW forum mentioned that Christine O had left her coach earlier in the year but did not say why or who she moved to. Assume Bianca Williams has also joined Christine Bowmaker. Of course, Rana Reider left UKA for reasons we are not allowed to say meaning a lot of disruption for British sprinters. Plus the fallout from the relay so obviously all is not well with the prima donas of the British sprint scene. Linford Christie has also made comments.

Christine Bowmaker is a devout Christian and, of course, female as well as good coach. These could be the reasons some have joined her?

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy View Post
        I didn't know that either and the first i heard about Bianca was on tv !!

Asha left Christine last year

Very interesting
        Bianca didn't seem herself all year but should be proud to have produced her best in Beijing running a SB.

Asha was pretty clear the move to Steve Fudge was about pushing herself in a new training environment, she and Bowmaker seemed to part on good terms. She went on to run an early PB but injury cost her a better performance in Beijing.

Jodie Williams is still coached by Bowmaker so a solid squad with TBO for B Williams.

Comment

Working...
        X