Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt out of Brussels

cites fatigue in story just posted to front page

He's tired all right. Tired of kicking everyone's asses. Nothing left for him to prove this year!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      He's tired all right. Tired of kicking everyone's asses. Nothing left for him to prove this year!
      Indeed. We can only hope that the thin margin by which he won the 100 is going to motivate him in the off-season to go out (can't believe he'll hang around till London '17) in a huge blaze of Boltesquean Glory in Rio. It's obvious now (at least to me) that he could get back down to WR fitness if he wished to put in the herculean amount of work necessary to be that fit at 'his age'. :-)
      He can get pointers from Kim Collins.

Comment

Way I see it is---just one more example of top sprinters dodging each other in DL's!
        Note that Gatlin & Powell are still in the field!

To me, given 2 more GREAT races by Gatlin, he wins AOY!!
        Bolt needed to compete in Brussels to be eligible for any prizes!

Comment

Bolt is probably really tired, he wasn't due to face Gatlin in the 100m (note he hasn't ran anywhere since Worlds but is now entered in both 100m and 200m) so he shouldn't have had problems winning. So this pulling out is probably "true". As far as Powell, he is racing tomorrow in Zagreb (and obviously I expect him to win there easily with a faster time than the one he runs when ran down by Gatlin).

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Way I see it is---just one more example of top sprinters dodging each other in DL's!

Gatlin can't win AOY.
            http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

TAFNY!!
              #notinthisuniverse.

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz View Post
                Gatlin can't win AOY.
                IAAF AOY no, T&FN AOY yes.

If he wins in Brussles, he will be clear #1 in the 100, not sure about AOY though.
                If Taylor wins in Brussless, I think he should clearly be AOY.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

If he wins in Brussles, he will be clear #1 in the 100, not sure about AOY though.
                  If Taylor wins in Brussless, I think he should clearly be AOY.
                  Agreed...Taylor will surely win AOY. BTW, what is Bolt tired from? He missed most of the season

Comment

I thought he would end his season after the WCs. He had a compacted preparation time for the WC due to missing so much time early on in the season due to injuries. Not much to gain from competing on the circuit now...his entire focus should be getting ready for Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      How could he possibly be AOY over people like Eaton, Kiprop, Farah, Taylor, Fajdek?!

Comment

No way anyone wins AOY with two WC silver medals, and no golds. Even if Gatlin runs 9.57, he shouldn't win AOY. Not with Taylor, Eaton, Farah, and others in consideration.

#1 in the 100? Yes, if he remains undefeated, with another fast time. But AOY? No!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          How could he possibly be AOY over people like Eaton, Kiprop, Farah, Taylor, Fajdek?!
                          In the next sentence, in the same post you just quoted, I said he would be #1 in the 100 but not AOY.

I was specifically reffering to the fact that he is not eligible for IAAF AOY but is for T&FN

Comment

No sport can thrive if its biggest star races so sparingly, and when he does race, only faces his top competitor once a year. Any sport is enhanced when its top stars compete head to head on a somewhat regular basis, and once a year doesn't count.

I don't hold it against Bolt ... he has cemented his status as the best sprinter ever, and has nothing to prove. But T&F is diminished, in my opinion, when its top stars avoid one another.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
                              No sport can thrive if its biggest star races so sparingly, and when he does race, only faces his top competitor once a year. Any sport is enhanced when its top stars compete head to head on a somewhat regular basis, and once a year doesn't count.

I don't hold it against Bolt ... he has cemented his status as the best sprinter ever, and has nothing to prove. But T&F is diminished, in my opinion, when its top stars avoid one another.
                              I agree. Have zero interest in the Men's 100m anymore. Has been this way since 2007 but seems to be getting worse with each passing year.

Comment

Working...
                              X