Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dafne/Elaine/Allyson Showdown This Friday Ok, Let's Call It

This deserves it's own thread. Couldn't think of a better way to end a DL. Who do you think will win and why? (And what time range?)
    Last edited by gh; 09-09-2015, 03:24 AM.

get back to me when the lane assignments are known….

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      get back to me when the lane assignments are known….
      Lane assignments might not matter. If Allyson's 47.72 relay leg is any indication, we might see something most unexpected from her.

Comment

Isn't this meeting on Friday?

Should be a great race

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
          Lane assignments might not matter. If Allyson's 47.72 relay leg is any indication, we might see something most unexpected from her.
          People have been trying to 'indicate' things from Allyson's massive relay legs for years. I think it's time to agree that NOTHING can be extrapolated from her relay legs.
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

These post WC and OG races are hard to call.Some athletes are just showing up to collect their check frankly,end the season and go home.And the times aren't as good because the big race was a few weeks ago.Hard to call.
            "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

51 to 49 odds that the following happens:

One runs at or near her season's best--that is, between 21.6 and 21.8

One runs at or near her PREVIOUS best level (before WC)--that is, between 22.0 and 22.2

One finds some excuse to not run at all!

I also give 99 to 1 odds that NOTHING I just said will happen!!

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                Running in lane 2 will be completely different than running in lane 7.

Comment

The FUN of this race is that we do not know who's ready to do what.
                  Can Schippers go sub-22 again or is she burnt out?
                  Does Felix have the speed (now) to go sub-22?
                  Is Thompson the 'hungry one' that will pull the upset?

Comment

Call this one -- who will actually show up in Brussels on Friday, with Felix and Schippers listed for Saturday in the UK?

Comment

If they have to choose one of the two, wouldn't Brussels be the natural first choice?
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        The FUN of this race is that we do not know who's ready to do what.
                        Can Schippers go sub-22 again or is she burnt out?
                        Does Felix have the speed (now) to go sub-22?
                        Is Thompson the 'hungry one' that will pull the upset?
                        The other thing we do not know is what they have been doing since Beijing. Training with Brussels in mind? Resting? Partying?

Who knows? Not I.
                        Last edited by tandfman; 09-08-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fourjz View Post
                          These post WC and OG races are hard to call.Some athletes are just showing up to collect their check frankly,end the season and go home.And the times aren't as good because the big race was a few weeks ago.Hard to call.
                          And you can be sure that somebody's whose favorite loses will then use the excuse "well, this was a meaningless race for her, so it doesn't count"

Comment

And Can(dyce) McGrone have something to say about all this?

Comment

I thought Bowie was going to run this race, but she's not on the startlist.

Comment

Working...
                              X