Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lolo Jones, Post-Surgery

I don't know if GH will deem this appropriate for a thread topic.
    But I found it utterly fascinating and mesmerizing!
    What am I speaking about?

Lolo just had surgery.
    She still wants to try for Rio.
    Today---in fact, just now!--I went to Facebook and found a 9 minute video (Instagram?) of Lolo in the hospital, in her bed, talking to a camera held by someone (Don't know who!).
    She rambles on about a lot of things----mainly the surgery, how she's feeling, the drugs she was given, being cathetered, not being able to read her FB messages, but thanking people for their support and prayers, etc etc.
    (She's very obviously heavily sedated, so she talks VERY slow!)
    At a couple of points, the camera shows her mother in the room.
    Then, towards the end, her doctor comes in, and says she's doing fine post-surgery.

Sorry for not providing the link.
    If interested, go to Lolo's Facebook page.
    Or mine (Under my FB name of "David Betterman"!).

I've never seen anything like this before!
    I found it well worth 9 minutes of my time.
    (As of a few minutes ago, it had gotten over 45,000 views in the 3 hours since it was posted!)
    Last edited by aaronk; 10-15-2015, 11:34 PM.

You are just weird

Comment

surgery for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
        surgery for what?
        Torn hip labrum according to the TMZ article. I'm not taking the time to watch the video but the surgery sure is relevant to 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          You are just weird
          Let's put it this way---if anyone is weird, it's Lolo for putting this thing out for public consumption.
          ADD: At one point, she says she might come to regret posting this!

And what does it say for the 45,000-plus who ALSO viewed it?
          Are THEY "just weird" too?
          BTW, that total was for the 1st three hours---I'm sure it's MUCH higher now!!

ADD: Just saw it again---it's up to almost 71,000 views.
          Last edited by aaronk; 10-16-2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

She is weird as well. And people who watch it a second time clearly do do for voyeuristic pleasure.

Comment

She is weird as well. And people who watch it a second time clearly do do for voyeuristic pleasure.
              Yes, Lolo IS weird----but in a good entertaining way!
              That's why she's probably more popular than 100H women who have won more medals or have run faster!

As for me acting "voyeuristic" for viewing it a 2nd time, there's a simple explanation for that.
              (Besides thinking it an intriguing piece of film!!)
              The 1st time I watched it, I ALMOST turned it off after the first couple of minutes.
              It seemed boring, and just self-promoting (on Lolo's part!).
              But as I watched, I became more curious as to what she'd be saying for the other 7 minutes!
              And I'm glad I stayed with it, as the final 2-3 minutes included interactions with a couple of physical therapists/nurses and her doctor/surgeon.

Because you ALWAYS get more out of something you watch (or read) a 2nd time, I watched it that 2nd time---when I went there just to see how many views it had received.

And yes, I DID get more out of it that 2nd time.
              (I watch a LOT of movies & videos a 2nd (& 3rd & 4th & more!) time!)
              You know, like videos of RACES on USATF-TV!

Comment

Well that was really boring. Let me watch it a 2nd time and the whole thing this time.

Absolutely incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  Well that was really boring. Let me watch it a 2nd time and the whole thing this time.

Absolutely incredible.
                  but do you mean absolutely incredibly boring the 2nd time or absolutely incredibly interesting now that you watched the whole thing. Your response may very well determine my weekend's voyeuristic pleasures.

Comment

I don't do Instragram but if Lolo was boring, she must have been sedated..or comatose.

Comment

but do you mean absolutely incredibly boring the 2nd time or absolutely incredibly interesting now that you watched the whole thing. Your response may very well determine my weekend's voyeuristic pleasures.
                      My reference was to the OP finding it boring the first time so he watched it again. That's the incredible part but likely par for the course.

Comment

You are right lonewolf. Even comatose she gets the heart rate and bp up and going

Comment

You are right lonewolf. Even comatose she gets the heart rate and bp up and going
                          At last, another person who admits to appreciating Lolo's nimble mind and aesthetic qualites.

Comment

I've posted this before, but she was on either Leno or Letterman a few years and just tore the place up. Totally perfect guest for a show like that, so it's more than just looks. But maybe not. I'm just another weak male.

Comment

This my have been posted on a previous Lolo thread but this 2014 take from The Onion came to mind.

SOCHI, RUSSIA—Once again attracting widespread attention in the media for her looks, U.S. Olympic bobsled team member and track star Lolo Jones has become the first American to be objectified in both the Winter and Summer Olympics. “To be selected as the target of either praise or condemnation for reasons based solely…

Comment

Working...
                              X