Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Vault 2016 [WR 16-6 | 5.03 for Suhr]

We've managed to bury some good PV news in a thread about results reporting, so here's a thread dedicated to my (and Becca's!) favorite event.

So far we've had Jenn Suhr's 4.80 (plus a 4.75 and 4.70. all in upstate NY - to be honest, they were Dec 15 jumps). Demi Payne did 14-10 on a short approach at the Texas meet where Shawn Barber jumped 5.88. His jump:

Last edited by gh; 01-30-2016, 08:33 PM.

Those December events are considered part of the 2015-2016 indoor season.
    Season actually began on November 21st with the JDL meet!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Those December events are considered part of the 2015-2016 indoor season.
      Season actually began on November 21st with the JDL meet!
      Now reread the thread's title. :-)

Comment

Off to a great start!

Comment

Lavillenie says he'll do 7 indoor meets--on Jan 23, Feb 6 (Karlsruhe), 13 (ISTAF), 21 & 28, Mar 5, then the WC!

Comment

Lavillenie says he'll do 7 indoor meets--on Jan 23, Feb 6 (Karlsruhe), 13 (ISTAF), 21 & 28, Mar 5, then the WC!
            I can't wait to see him at Worlds!

Comment

Karlsruhe could be great, Lavillenie and Holzdeppe are confirmed and Barber will be jumping in Düsseldorf three days earlier, so he'll be in Germany anyway, i'm sure Karlsruhe will get him too.

Comment

Mondo Duplantis jumped 17'2.75 to open his season. High school sophomore. If aaronk is correct, and I'm sure he is, that is a soph indoor record : )

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                  Mondo Duplantis jumped 17'2.75 to open his season. High school sophomore. If aaronk is correct, and I'm sure he is, that is a soph indoor record : )
                  Thanks so much for your vote of confidence!
                  After 214 blog posts about Records & Marks in T&F, I hope I'm getting things right!

Seriously, just refer to Jack Shepard's 2016 HS Track book for ALL the Class Records, INdoors and OUTdoors!

BTW, the Soph Class record WAS Jake Davis's 16-9 from 1994.

Davis still holds the OUTdoor Soph Class record--his 17-6 from 1994.
                  The way Duplantis has started, THAT record's a goner too!!

Comment

The way Duplantis has started, THAT record's a goner too!!
                    There's video up of his jump and there's A LOT more there. I could see him being nationally competitive while still in HS.

Comment

How high did his father ever vault? Best ever father-son duo?

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
                        How high did his father ever vault? Best ever father-son duo?
                        Greg jumped 5.80.

IIRC, the best father-son duo is the Buciarskis (Wojciech 5.50 & Piotrk 5.75).

EDIT: Forgot that was beaten by the Bubkas...Vasiliy (5.86) & Oleksandr (5.50).
                        Last edited by Cooter Brown; 01-13-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Björn Otto is back, first competition in 2 years for him in Merzig/Germany this weekend. Holzdeppe, Paech, Scherbarth and Lisek are also on the entry list.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                            Greg jumped 5.80.

Sergey's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                              Greg jumped 5.80.

Hasn't the Volz family taken the top father son duo?

Comment

Working...
                              X