Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezinne Okparaebo stair jump training

Remember Stefan Holm's hurdle training? Prepare to be even more amazed by Ezinne Okparaebo on the stairs.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How has she NOT been a Long Jumper?!

Comment

Wow!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        How has she NOT been a Long Jumper?!
        Sprinting is more prestigious and less injurious.

Comment

If you are strong enough to do what she is doing in the video then you ain't gonna hurt yourself long jumping.

Comment

got my attention.

Comment

the ability to do 2-legged hops doesn't necessarily translate to good long jumping (see earlier discussions on 1-foot vs 2 in high jumping)

Comment

Maybe not but if this girl is a sprinter too ... she should try it.

Comment

A female friend, who's not a track fan, showed me this video a few days ago, along with a bunch of other training videos Okparaebo has on youtube. Okparaebo is a youtube queen.

Comment

She's a 27yo 11.10 sprinter (from 3 years ago), so she has EXCELLENT speed for a LJer, and she obviously has the jumping ability. I would say it's worth a try at this point! The LJ has a relatively short learning curve for exceptional athletes (which she is!).

Comment

we don't know her jumping ability; we know she has great hopping ability. I don't think there's 100% correspondence between the two.

Comment

Her odds would seem to be better, probably way better, than most. The question is, why has she not jumped before. The answer to that question is probably that she has a bit and was not greatly successful with it. In that case, her chances might not be so high.

Comment

Based on my best estimate, she's jumping three feet vertically and six feet horizontally, which is nice, but not otherworldly.

Comment

Except that she is doing it four or five times in a row, which brings important secondary factors in to play, such as balance and the ability to keep applying power. If she can launch several feet in the air going 10mps and get the lift from converting that speed as well...

Comment

I am unable to find any LJ result for her over the last 6 years in deep Norwegian stats. She must have tried the event at some time but I can't find anything. Maybe she thinks she is too short for the LJ, about 5-4. She has a sister, 2 years younger who can LJ about 19-4 and TJ about 43ft.
                              However, Ezinne is 28 now and I can't see her switching to the LJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X