Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Indoor Tickets

Due to a travel conflict I will have to give up my tickets for the World Indoors.

I have five tickets, all sessions, in bleacher section 220, row J. If anyone is interested in buying these please let me know.

you can 'pm' me or email at daycd at hotmail

GH, thanks for moving this to the current events thread. I'm really bummed at not being able to attend this.

To sweeten the deal, If anyone decides they want some of these tickets you'll have the pleasure of sitting next to a TFN board super contributor. So you'll have a lot of fun talking track and field!

Comment

I think I can make a guess about whom you are talking about....

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
        Due to a travel conflict I will have to give up my tickets for the World Indoors.

I have five tickets, all sessions, in bleacher section 220, row J. If anyone is interested in buying these please let me know.

you can 'pm' me or email at daycd at hotmail
        This is SO annoying.
        I just bought my tickets yesterday(!) and got lousy sits.
        Good luck with the sell

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
          This is SO annoying.
          That's a shame. Just bad timing there.

And cubehead, you can make a guess. But this mystery person is not going to be easy to spot. You'll have to buy the tickets to find out

Comment

Have you contacted Track and Field News Tours?

Comment

Track and Field News Tours may need more tickets.

Comment

I never thought to contact them. I'll send them an e-mail. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

We received our tickets in the mail today -- sec. 220, row P, wherever that is. The diagram of the seating is not detailed enough. Of course, the whole thing has been a real mess because the competition area wasn't even built when they started selling tix.

The opening ceremony and pole vault have apparently been moved from the Moda Center to the Convention Center, where all the other events will be held, although they have never actually come and out and stated -- "we moved them".

I sure wish the Russians were going to be there!
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank
                  Woodland, CA

Comment

The LOC sent out a press release on December 2 that explained that the vaults were moving.

As posted to our front page here

http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.p...rticle&id=2678

Comment

" – The world’s best pole vaulters will perform under their own spotlight at the 2016 IAAF World Indoor Championships at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland on March 17.

This will be the first time in nearly 30 years that the IAAF World Indoor Championships will be held on U.S. soil, and only the second time since the inaugural event was contested in Indianapolis in 1987.

The men’s and women’s pole vault-only competition will open the 2016 IAAF World Indoor Championships on Thursday, March 17 at 7:05 p.m. The world’s top 12 male and female pole vaulters will alternate jumps as they compete for medals and prize money on separate runways.

With seats right on top of the action, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime chance for fans to see these elite pole vaulters perform.

Among those expected to compete are France’s world record-holder Renaud Lavillenie, one of only two men to clear 20 feet; Canada’s reigning world champion Shawn Barber, a 2015 finalist for The Bowerman; American women’s record-holder Jenn Suhr, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist; and 2015 women’s world champion Yarisley Silva of Cuba.

It promises to be an unforgettable night."

So, where does it say that this is a CHANGE from the prior location?
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank
                      Woodland, CA

Comment

And Suhr is competing?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post

So, where does it say that this is a CHANGE from the prior location?
                          The original press releases all say Moda Center for the pole vault. They didn't make a big deal about the change, just one day started mentioning the pole vault as being at the convention center.

There will be a high school pole vault clinic all day at the Moda Center.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                            And Suhr is competing?

Still undecided. And if she comes, she would have to qualify, there are three other American women with the standard. If she is jumping well no one can beat her, but a bad day at USAs can leave anyone off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                              The original press releases all say Moda Center for the pole vault. They didn't make a big deal about the change, just one day started mentioning the pole vault as being at the convention center.

There will be a high school pole vault clinic all day at the Moda Center.
                              uhhhh...this is actually very disappointing. I bought tickets for section 222 because it looked like it would be good for high jump viewing and was in line with the finish line and horizontal jumps take off. I wasn't taking into account that I might end up not being in a good spot for viewing the PV competitions. Will the PV setup be the same for Thursday in the track layout here http://portland2016.com/tickets/ ?

Comment

Working...
                              X