Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster
    replied
    Medals in Portland and Rio aren't out of the question, possibly gold for indoors.

He looks to be moving well and with new training partners and a different environment, he could do well. When someone has the physicals gifts that he's got, you want them to succeed.

He's clearly second to Bolt in Jamaica, I just don't see Black coming back again, which is very sad, but now four years away from his best.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Originally posted by steve View Post
    I think it's well past time to let that go
    Indeed. In Rio, he will have a very hard task, with Bolt and Gatlin, but also the youngsters who beat him in Beijing last year. In Portland, I think he has strong chances to go after a gold medal (and even a world record, he needs to lower 0.1 in a month, if he can improve his start a bit).

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by El Toro View Post
    Oh, his twin brother. - they must be identical twins based on the TNF news cover....
    Donovan is 11 years older than Asafa. The family resemblance is strong amongst all of the brothers.

Leave a comment:

• steve
    replied
    Originally posted by rainy.here View Post
    I believe his brother is coaching him, though I expect he won't contest world indoors.
    I think it's well past time to let that go

Leave a comment:

• El Toro
    replied
    Originally posted by toyracer View Post
    Asafa is coached by his brother Donovan Powell, in Texas at the Fast Twitch Factory. Morrison is part of the group now, along with Kerron Stewart.
    Oh, his twin brother. - they must be identical twins based on the TNF news cover....

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Asafa is coached by his brother Donovan Powell, in Texas at the Fast Twitch Factory. Morrison is part of the group now, along with Kerron Stewart.

Leave a comment:

• berkeley
    replied
    Powell is now 33 years old. His age is seldom mentioned although he's not much younger than Gatlin or Gay, whose ages have been a frequent topic for years. He has been at the top for as long as Gatlin, without a 4 year hiatus. I've always thought he would enjoy a long career, because he is such a natural - unlike Gay for whom sprinting always seems such a struggle. It would be awesome to see Powell finally deliver on his huge talent in Rio. Meanwhile, if he runs in Portland it will be a highlight for me ...

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Originally posted by rainy.here View Post
    I believe his brother is coaching him, though I expect he won't contest world indoors.
    He said, via Twitter, that his plans are to being there.

Leave a comment:

• rainy.here
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1runner1
    replied
    will AP be in Portland?

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Who is coaching Powell? Is Morrison in the same squad?

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Powell was VERY impressive in both efforts yesterday. Not the best of starts in the prelims, but sheer, smooth power. In this form he would be nearly unbeatable at the WIC.

Natasha Morrison also looked extremely good in running 7.15. It was apparently her first time ever to run indoors.
    Last edited by gm; 02-13-2016, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Wow, I was hoping strongly to see Asafa this winter. With Gatlin passing the indoor season, and having his start been that strong in the past, he should be, barring injuries (as he always suffers from these more than others), a strong gold medal contender in Portland. Probably training was going well and so he decided to jump into a meeting. He ran twice, probably didn't think it was worth running thrice (the final). Great performance, btw.

Leave a comment:

• rainy.here
    replied
    Upon watching that a couple times - he looks really fit.

Leave a comment:

• rainy.here
    replied
    Didn't run final.

http://flashresultstexas.com/2016/hr...160212P001.htm
    http://flashresultstexas.com/2016/hr...160212S001.htm
    http://flashresultstexas.com/2016/hr...160212F001.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZjCdUJpLY
    Last edited by rainy.here; 02-13-2016, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X