Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnLine Decathlon Scoring Calculator needed

Looking for recommendations for an online calc to use to score and follow the Multis.

I was asked two questions by a friend who follows T&F on a casual level. He knows most the major rules and has a good basic grasp of the various events.
    I was talking about qualification marks for USA Champs
    He asked
    What would the OG and the US Champs qualification standards produce as a decathlon score?
    Thus my need for a handy way to answer the Q.

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

Try THIS
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Are you talking about points tables?
      If so, buy The Big Gold Book!
      I held out for YEARS---but since receiving my copy last fall, I can't live without it!

Comment

. . . and of those choices which do you recommend? Sorry I was not clearer. I was not looking for choices I was hoping for recommendations knowing we have some board members who follow the event very closely.
        Thanks for the link to Google I'll remember that.
        Last edited by wineturtle; 02-17-2016, 04:43 PM.
        Tom Hyland:

Comment

Yea I own the Big Red Green Gold Books. Again sorry I was I was not clear enough in my question. I was looking for an online calculator to score and track with.
          Thanks
          Tom Hyland:

Comment

All of them work ok. The USATF calculator also works in feet and inches, if that's what you're looking for.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I had a spreadsheet that I made that I use. If you are interested let me know. It is in Excel but uses just the most basic of calculations. I will probably 'trim up' what I have to make it easier. The same spreadsheet can be used for all four events (In/Out, Men/Women). In fact, there is basically just a single equation with event-specific parameters that give the points.

Comment

I use this one:

https://www.usatf.org/statistics/cal...EventsScoring/

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok View Post
                  A most useful program.. always wondered what I could have done in decathlon, never bothered to do the math from the tables...

Comment

You would have had to use different tables for the PV. 15' was stellar with the old equipment but is routine with the 'fiberglass' poles.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      A most useful program.. always wondered what I could have done in decathlon, never bothered to do the math from the tables...
                      Like golf, I never would have broken 100.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                        You would have had to use different tables for the PV. 15' was stellar with the old equipment but is routine with the 'fiberglass' poles.
                        I never actually competed PV.. did 10-0 in 1949 goofing off on a bamboo pole into a sand pit.. worth a whopping 369 points on this calculator.. at 5-9, 158 #, I was weak in throws, made up some in runs and jumps...
                        Last edited by lonewolf; 02-18-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Yikes, does this mean my Big Green Book is obsolete?

Comment

Originally posted by is 74 really old? View Post
                            Yikes, does this mean my Big Green Book is obsolete?
                            I don't know what the Big Green book is.. I never competed a decathlon (or metric), converted Imperial to Metric.. was just useful over a wide range of running and jumping..

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                              All of them work ok. The USATF calculator also works in feet and inches, if that's what you're looking for.
                              Looks like the feet/inch option has been discontinued.
                              https://www.usatf.org/statistics/cal...EventsScoring/
                              Combined Events Scoring
                              •Field event marks should be entered as metric marks only using the format 0.00.
                              • Times should be entered using the format 0:00.00; if hand-timed, add 0.14 for 400m or 0.24 for events shorter than 400m.

Thanks to all for your reviews of the various online calcs available.
                              Tom Hyland:

Comment

Working...
                              X