Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the adidas/IAAF tiff be the reason? Is adidas slowly moving away from sponsoring the sport in a meaningful way?

Comment

Originally posted by OneWay View Post
      Could the adidas/IAAF tiff be the reason?

That was my first thought. Hard to believe the timing is a coincidence.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by OneWay View Post
        Could the adidas/IAAF tiff be the reason? Is adidas slowly moving away from sponsoring the sport in a meaningful way?
        depends on your definition of "meaningful"; note that they want a youth/participation-oriented thing. I'd posit that they're moving aeway from the pro side of teh sport to the many-bodies side that sells a shit-load more shoes.

(part of why I've always feared that the minute that a track-loyal Phil Knight lets go of the reins completely that a bean-counter-drive Nike will run away from that side of the sport at full speed) (as in, careful what you wish for)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          depends on your definition of "meaningful"; note that they want a youth/participation-oriented thing. I'd posit that they're moving aeway from the pro side of teh sport to the many-bodies side that sells a shit-load more shoes.

(part of why I've always feared that the minute that a track-loyal Phil Knight lets go of the reins completely that a bean-counter-drive Nike will run away from that side of the sport at full speed) (as in, careful what you wish for)
          It's my understanding that the way the Nike/USATF long term contract is set up Nikes yearly contribution decreases each year.
          Tom Hyland:
          "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by wineturtle View Post
            It's my understanding that the way the Nike/USATF long term contract is set up Nikes yearly contribution decreases each year.
            I think it's evenly distributed, but of course an even payout favors Nike financially more at the back end of a 23 year deal than it does USATF
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
            X