Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should NCAA Superstars skip NC's for USATF?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    The meets could have changed their schedules so that said HJer could jump in one meet one day and the other another day.
    A bit off subject, but hasn't that been done before---whether indoors or out---where an athlete has competed in 2 meets in 2 separate cities (or states, or even countries!) on consecutive days?
    Can't recall exact examples.

Comment

countless times, particularly on the indoor circuit.... Back around '80 I went to Millrose (NYC), Ottawa and Montréal on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Didn't Bowling Green around '71 run Drake and Penn 4xMiles on back-to-back days?

Comment

Definitely on the indoor circuit in the 70's and 80's with Friday/Saturday doubles.

Comment

Take a look at Shawn barbers schedule this indoor season. He had like 4 meets in a week at one point. He competed on February 14 in Boston, 17 in Germany, 20 in Scotland and 21 in France!
          Last edited by highjumpfan; 03-09-2016, 08:59 PM. Reason: Ammendment

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Lots of negativity about both the INdoor USATF and INdoor WC here!

Go meet Vin Lananna for lunch, and tell that to his face!!

LOL
            If he's buying I'm available.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Not at all. I plan on following both closely and I'm sure I will be highly entertained by what happens at both. For the athletes that choose to go to either, it's a really big deal.
              But then look at all the elite athletes who bypass them. What does that tell you?
              Elites don't bypass the OT or the OG, which are, by far (!) MORE important meets for US athletes.
              And this is exactly how I feel.

Comment

Has anyone done an analysis on how many NCAA athletes have competed at USA indoors the times they did not conflict?

I remember 3 years ago D'Angelo Cherry won the 60 at both.

Comment

back in the day they used to do it all the time.

Cherry is a recent example, I believe, because Mississippi State doesn't sponsor indoor track, so he couldn't run the SEC. But NCAA did allow him into nationals.

Comment

What about when Jenny Simpson set the collegiate 1500 record at the Prefontaine Classic just four days before the NCAA Championships?

Comment

And more power to anyone that chooses to do that. But certainly do not EXPECT them to.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                        What about when Jenny Simpson set the collegiate 1500 record at the Prefontaine Classic just four days before the NCAA Championships?
                        I am certain that was not entirely her decision.

Comment

Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
                          I am certain that was not entirely her decision.
                          Well, I doubt that it takes much arm twisting for a college coach to convince one of his/her athletes to run in the Prefontaine Classic against world-class competition, especially that athlete is a distance runner. On the other hand, I don't that a coach would do such a thing if his/her team was in the hunt for a team title.

Comment

Working...
                          X