Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women's shot put at WIC

Nice competition going in the Women's Shot. Three lead changes in the third round.
    Carter on top with 19.31 (63'-4 1/4")
    Adams 19.25
    Marton 19.01

all were leading throws until the next person came up.

Carter goes 19.28 (63'-3") in 4th round

Borel just took 4th from C-W with 18.38 (60'-3 1/2")

Marton better on 5th 19.08

Adams 19.02 on 5th throw
    Last edited by Jnathletics; 03-20-2016, 01:32 AM.

Marton takes lead on final throw 19.33!!!

No response from Adams 18.31

Down to Carter

Carter huge final throw 20.21!!!! 66'-3 1/2"
    Last edited by Jnathletics; 03-20-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics View Post
      Marton takes lead on final throw 19.33!!!

No response from Adams 18.31

Down to Carter

Carter huge final throw 20.21!!!! 66'-3 1/2"
      The drama in the women's LJ and SP vindicates the decision to allow just four to take the final attempt

Comment

Originally posted by tm71 View Post
        The drama in the women's LJ and SP vindicates the decision to allow just four to take the final attempt
        I still don't agree... Hess moved from 8th to 2nd on his fourth long jump... could have happened in 6th round.

Comment

This new system is arbitrary- but then so is the old one of the top 8 getting 3 more attempts. It is quite feasible a competitor in 9th, 10th ect could improve to 1st if given the chance,

Comment

Just the opposite. It shows that anything can happen with great athletes.

Comment

That 20.21 mark was pretty stunning. The video clearly showed a different trajectory from they other attempts, with a higher arc (as well as a greater distance, of course).

Comment

Add Schwanitz and Gong Lijiao to the mix and tell me who of those five you wouldn't want to see in the final round. And the "better focus" on the final round with only four athletes didn't work either because the 800m were on, so tv didn't even show the last four live.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                  Add Schwanitz and Gong Lijiao to the mix and tell me who of those five you wouldn't want to see in the final round. And the "better focus" on the final round with only four athletes didn't work either because the 800m were on, so tv didn't even show the last four live.
                  They specifically held up the final round until after the 800. Having seen several events now in the new format, I am in favor of it. I would tweak it to have a final five instead of a final four.

Comment

No they didn't, i watched the worldfeed, the results of the last SP round showed up in the liveresults a couple of minutes before they showed the attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                      No they didn't, i watched the worldfeed, the results of the last SP round showed up in the liveresults a couple of minutes before they showed the attempts.
                      I don't care what they showed on the world feed. I was there. They specifically made an announcement at the stadium that the final round would be held up until the completion of the 800. And that's what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X