Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it's quite ironic that the USA 4 X4 relay men averaged 45.61 and no one in the 400m final. Of course Norwood would have made it if not for the DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by nztrackfan View Post
      I think Trinidad & Tobago may be disqualified. Their athlete moved in toward the pole line where the Belgian already was, causing the Belgian athlete to hit the T&T athlete's arm and lose his baton.
      The dropped baton could have been avoided by the Belgian if he had carried the baton in a more secure manner. I don't know the name for this baton hold, but you can always tell runners with a lot of 4x400 relay experience because they carry the baton in such a way that it can't be knocked out in traffic, because it's protected by the runner's arm. However, there are very few non-Americans runners who carry the baton this way, which is no surprise since relays are a bigger deal here from a young age than in most other parts of the world. Another option is to carry the baton in your left hand, since all the traffic is passing on your right side.

Comment

Definitely not a DQ. The Belgian fumbled the baton. Indoor racing has contact and pays off for the aggressive runners. Ajee Wilson got caught being passive in the 800 and might have given away a medal.

Comment

Any splits on those 4x4s?

Comment

There are the splits at the lead, essential the US splits:

46.47 1:32.13 2:17.47 3:02.45

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Everyone missed at 1.99!
              Cunningham wins the HJ gold!!
              High school athlete of the year.!!

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                There are the splits at the lead, essential the US splits:

46.47 1:32.13 2:17.47 3:02.45
                Thanks! And the women?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymal04 View Post
                  And the women?

51.89, 51.02, 50.71, 52.76

http://media.aws.iaaf.org/competitio...f?v=1585001095
                  There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                    51.89, 51.02, 50.71, 52.76
                    Shame about Spencer being so slow. It could have been an AR.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                      Shame about Spencer being so slow. It could have been an AR.
                      It tough to run fast when your all alone out in front.

Comment

Dendy wins the LJ with his 8.26 from earlier with Lapierre 2nd with 8.25

Huang from China jumps 8.21 in round 6 to surpass Henderson for the Bronze medal.
                        Dendy is a mega talent. Henderson is not far behind in the talent category but just cant seem to translate it to the pit when it matters. (Im a US citizen so pardon my focus). Dendy will deliver in Rio, +8.5 is a safe bet.

I like the way Lapierre jumps, he has the most impressive arc of all the jumpers.

Dendy and Lapierre over 27,

Top 6 go over 26.6,

Top 8 go over 26.

Not too shabby for an indoor championship. I seriously doubt there is an NBA star that could have shown up and placed in the top 10.
                        Last edited by user4; 03-21-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

It tough to run fast when your all alone out in front.
                          That didn't seem to affect Courtney Okolo and Quenera Hayes or Vernon Norwood on the men's side. Spencer is a great talent, but if she can't time trial, perhaps she should be the leadoff leg on future relay teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            That didn't seem to affect Courtney Okolo and Quenera Hayes or Vernon Norwood on the men's side. Spencer is a great talent, but if she can't time trial, perhaps she should be the leadoff leg on future relay teams.
                            That's very fair.

But to be fair to her, from our perspective, she was miles ahead and could have gone way faster. From her perspective, she may have not really known how extremely far out in front she was and just wanted to secure the win without tying up at the end.

Comment

The women's 400m will be a strong even at the US OT. In addition to the up and comers of Hayes, Spencer and Okolo (who I would bet money on to place top 3 if healthy), you also have the veterans Allyson, SRR, Fran, and Phyllis Francis (not so much a vet, but made the WC last year). Somebody will be left home.

Comment

From her perspective, she may have not really known how extremely far out in front she was and just wanted to secure the win without tying up at the end.
                                I don't buy that because not only did she watch the third leg unfold with Okolo pulling away from the field, but she also had the big video screen to look at as she went around the track. Okolo could have put it on cruise control but she didn't, and I'm sure she and the rest of the team could have used the extra $12,500 a piece that would have come with the world record.

Comment

Working...
                                X