Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Whitlock at 85 goes sub-7 in 1500, sub-14 in 3000

Ed Whitlock isn't just a marathon legend. Besides setting two world age-group records, he also ran a 4x4 at Canadian masters nationals over the weekend.

See his incredible marks in the 1500 and 3000:
    http://masterstrack.com/ed-whitlock-...tionals-2-wrs/

K E N

Really his most memorable marks are those from a decade or so ago when at age about 75 he ran 2:52 and 37:20 or so for 42.2/10kms. He has a pretty good following over on LetsRun, and the threads on him are about as clean as it gets there.

Comment

6:38.87 for 1500m (x. 1.08 = 7:10.78, assuming I know how to use a calculator). I don't know what it's like to be an 85 year old athlete, but that looks really, really impressive to me. Now I have a target time to shoot for in my outdoor track sessions this spring.

Thanks for posting this Ken -- I would have missed this news otherwise.

Comment

That is truly amazing. When I hit 65, many factory parts went out of warranty and just starting going on the fritz randomly. I can only imagine what another 20 years / 200,000 miles does to the chassis!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          That is truly amazing. When I hit 65, many factory parts went out of warranty and just starting going on the fritz randomly. I can only imagine what another 20 years / 200,000 miles does to the chassis!!
          The chassis continues to deteriorate.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            The chassis continues to deteriorate.
            I am half expecting to start reliving the ending of Jeff Goldblum's The Fly, where appendages just start falling off!

Comment

Working...
            X