Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allyson Felix's double attempt in Rio

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allyson Felix's double attempt in Rio

    I just want to preface this by saying Allyson is my favorite track and field athlete probably of all time and probably will be until the day I die. However.....


    Allyson Bobby and her whole team have been trolling for years. They know how to stay in the limelight even during the offseason by keeping everyone guessing what Allyson will run at olys and champs. If you remember in 2012 she said she was going to double but didnt know which one. Only a novice fan could believe an athlete could go into a season all the way until June not knowing whether they were preparing for a 100/200 double or a 400/200. While I genuinely think she may have trained in a way to leave the door open for the double at some point she must realize the risk is probably too great. However if she makes the 400 her main focus the 200 can just be an after thought if she has her heart set on winning the 200 she has her work cut out for her even without three brutal 400 rounds in her legs much less with them and no rest days in between. However Felix has said time and time again the 200 is her fave so is she willing to let that gold go in exchange for the 400????
    Last edited by gh; 06-15-2016, 07:04 PM.

  • #2
    If you regularly check out our front-page Headlines, you'll know that Felix has come out a huge winner already. In last few weeks we've announced no fewer than 3 sponsorship deal she has signed up for. None of this happens if she hadn't been shooting for 4 (remember, not just 2) golds in Rio. That's a concept that sells hugely. More power to her.

    But even if she fails, she's set for life at this point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is there any reason this thread couldn't have gone in the other 6 or 7 page thread on AF's double attempt?

      Comment


      • #4
        After all those campaign launched and all the schedule change just in order for her to attempt the double there is no way she can escape the double .

        YES she always lingers between distance before she makes the final decision .

        NOW you said it Im thinking a little bit further and maybe im a little too extreme , but faking a minor injury can be reason for her to only choose one event ?!

        I know probably im exaggerating but i think to fake injury can be the only way she can ditch one event just to focus on the other to play it safe.

        Well I hope she can do both event but I read on one of her interview she said the injury is a minor setback but everything is going well and probably she will be racing soon .

        We will have to wait and see

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
          Is there any reason this thread couldn't have gone in the other 6 or 7 page thread on AF's double attempt?
          the best of reasons: that got so unacceptably contentious (i.e., personal attacks on other posters) that it has been shut down.

          fair warning.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gh View Post
            the best of reasons: that got so unacceptably contentious (i.e., personal attacks on other posters) that it has been shut down.

            fair warning.
            Didn't realize that. Hadn't looked

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
              Well I hope she can do both event but I read on one of her interview she said the injury is a minor setback but everything is going well and probably she will be racing soon .
              I believe that was the Bounty interview. Felix is the queen of vague. LOL.

              She's scheduled to compete at the Cayman Invitational May 14 so I guess if she cancels that appearance as well, we'll know that the injury may be more major than minor.

              I'd love to see her compete against that 400m field in Eugene, though. Richards-Ross, Miller, McCorory, Hastings, Hayes, McPherson. I can't remember the last time seven sub-50 ladies met outside of a WC or OG final.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                I believe that was the Bounty interview. Felix is the queen of vague. LOL.

                She's scheduled to compete at the Cayman Invitational May 14 so I guess if she cancels that appearance as well, we'll know that the injury may be more major than minor.

                I'd love to see her compete against that 400m field in Eugene, though. Richards-Ross, Miller, McCorory, Hastings, Hayes, McPherson. I can't remember the last time seven sub-50 ladies met outside of a WC or OG final.
                . I think she will skip that one too since its only few days away from doha . Makes no sense to withdraw from doha and still runs at cayman .

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wonder if Shaunae Miller will also go for the double?

                  I see no reason why she shouldn't, due to her age, recovery time between the 200m heat and the 400m final should pose no issue, compared to Felix.

                  In addition she would have a medal chance, however if she finds herself tired by the 200m final a 6-8 placing would not be too much of a dissapoontment.

                  If howveer it all went unbelievably well and she foiled the Felix double, and took home 2 medals herself, considering her model looks and engaging personality, she could find herself the most marketable female athlete in the world for the next Olympic Cycle.

                  Thoughts?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't see a scenario where Miller beats Felix in the 200m after having run 400m rounds as well. What makes Miller such a threat in the 400m final is that she'll have fresher legs than Felix (plus, it's more her event than Felix's).

                    Miller is competing in the Jamaica International Invitational next weekend, though. I'm guessing she'll run the 200m, and if she drops a sub-22 there, I'd consider it more telling as to what she could run over the 400m, than a sign that she should opt for the 200/400 double.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
                      I wonder if Shaunae Miller will also go for the double?

                      I see no reason why she shouldn't, due to her age, recovery time between the 200m heat and the 400m final should pose no issue, compared to Felix.

                      In addition she would have a medal chance, however if she finds herself tired by the 200m final a 6-8 placing would not be too much of a dissapoontment.

                      If howveer it all went unbelievably well and she foiled the Felix double, and took home 2 medals herself, considering her model looks and engaging personality, she could find herself the most marketable female athlete in the world for the next Olympic Cycle.

                      Thoughts?

                      These olympics might produce times that rival the chemical years. We dont know how hard these athletes will have to run in a 200 heat. 22.5 can feel alot different after running 50.5 and then 49.8x hypothetically. I worry about the cumulative build up going into the 400 finals after what will essentially be 3 rounds. Allyson is much better equipped for that because of bobbys training style but not many athletes can handle that workload(also consider they have to warm up/cooldown etc). But i see ur point other than felix miller would be a great candidate and yes i can just see all the ad agencies rubbing their hands together getting ready to market their tall elegant nubian queen.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gh View Post
                        If you regularly check out our front-page Headlines, you'll know that Felix has come out a huge winner already. In last few weeks we've announced no fewer than 3 sponsorship deal she has signed up for. None of this happens if she hadn't been shooting for 4 (remember, not just 2) golds in Rio. That's a concept that sells hugely. More power to her.

                        And as was mentioned in the previous thread, puts her in a position where she has no choice but to go for both, let alone the relays.
                        There are no strings on me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How secure is Felix's position on that 4x1?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paced View Post
                            How secure is Felix's position on that 4x1?
                            I would think pretty solid if she makes the 200m team and if she doesn't, there's probably a larger issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is she going for 4 gold medals? 200, 400, 4 x 100m and 4 x 400?

                              Allyson's attempt at a double will fail miserably in Rio.It will be an historic failure.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X