Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post
    The inside two lanes in Eugene are way too tight. I don't know how Bowie was able to clock 22.18 from lane one two years ago! Regardless no one wants to be stuck in these lanes for the 2 and 4 finals!
    ANY video of that race from felix this week ?
    It will do more justice then speculating . It could be that she jogged the race

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
      IMO, if Felix is capable of manipulating her place mid race, without winning, to obtain a desired lane, she is probably capable of winning the whole thing no matter where she runs...
      In the 400, if healthy, only Okolo will challenge her with Q. Hayes getting 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
        In the 400, if healthy, only Okolo will challenge her with Q. Hayes getting 3rd.
        What about hastings, mccorrory and trotter ?

Comment

• Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
          What about hastings, mccorrory and trotter ?
          The evidence presented in Atlanta on Saturday indicates that Francis is presently a greater threat than Trotter. If Trotter had an asthma attack in Atlanta, who knows what will happen in Eugene?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
            To wit:

(f) Principles of assigning lanes.

i. For events of 100 meters to 800 meters, inclusive, and relays up to and
            including the 4x400 Meters:

a. In the first round, including a final if it is the first round, lanes will be
            drawn by lot, using the lanes designated by the Games Committee.

b. For all other rounds, competitors shall be ranked after each round in accordance with the procedures set forth in Rule 166.1(d)ii. Three draws will then be made.

(1)The first draw is for those preferred lanes as determined by the Games Committee, for a number equal to and not exceeding one-half the number of lanes used, for the highest ranked competitors in the race based on the ranked list for forming heats for the round.

(2) The second draw is for those preferred lanes as determined by the Games Committee, for a number equal to and not exceeding one-half those competitors remaining after the first draw.

(3) The third draw is for the remaining competitors in the race and the remaining lanes.
            I was guessing the rules would be the same as IAAF's, i.e. the first draw is for lanes 3-6, second draw is 7-8 and the third is 1-2, but what do I know - they will probably do whatever just for the sake of being different from the rest of the world.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Allyson Felix

Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
              ANY video of that race from felix this week ?
              It will do more justice then speculating . It could be that she jogged the race
              No video. But my eyes saw Allyson take the first 250 meters out cautiously, and then finished very strong in the last 150. Her splits were pretty even. And it was a good rust buster for her a month before the Trials.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
                That could happen. I'm not very impressed with Hayes right now. I suspect she was riding her impressive indoor wave to obtain that sub 50 (and pulled by Miller). But well see. I think Okolo and McCorrory are the top contenders.

But my point was that in either the 400 or 200, if she finishes the race in a place other than 1st and gives specific details on how she was able to plan he placing out to just get a lane, I would be convinced that she could win without issues. To do that in a sprint event, in lanes, at essentially the highest level seems impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  That could happen. I'm not very impressed with Hayes right now. I suspect she was riding her impressive indoor wave to obtain that sub 50 (and pulled by Miller). But well see. I think Okolo and McCorrory are the top contenders.

But my point was that in either the 400 or 200, if she finishes the race in a place other than 1st and gives specific details on how she was able to plan he placing out to just get a lane, I would be convinced that she could win without issues. To do that in a sprint event, in lanes, at essentially the highest level seems impossible.
                  I completely agree with this assessment. She wont beat Bowie over 200m just yet but I believe that she could well win that 400m come trials. Lets wait and see. Gosh could trials come any sooner lol
                  Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                    I was guessing the rules would be the same as IAAF's, i.e. the first draw is for lanes 3-6, second draw is 7-8 and the third is 1-2, but what do I know - they will probably do whatever just for the sake of being different from the rest of the world.
                    If TWalsh is correct in describing the preferred lanes in Eugene...

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                    I believe the lane preference for the 400 meters at Oregon is: 4-5-6-3-7-2-8-1.
                    ...then the first draw will be for 4-5-6-3, the second draw will be for 7-2, and the third draw will be for 8-1.

Perhaps the purpose of the USATF rule is to provide the flexibility necessary to accommodate unique configurations, e.g., Franklin Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                      Not sure how to interperet this run. In the grand scheme of things a 51.57 is hardly anything to boast about. With that being said she is coming off an injury, she did win and this is also her first race.
                      Even the win isn't anything to boast about, considering the calibre of her competition. The time would have gotten her no better than 6th in the last few Diamond League races. It was like Jeter winning at the Oxy Invite with 11.42, but when she faced top competition in Eugene she placed 7th (despite her faster time of 11.16). SAFP finished 8th in 11.18 in what was also her first race post-injury, but several people labelled it a terrible performance with some seemingly writing her off as a result, yet that same performance could have won several domestic races in Jamaica had she faced similarly easy competition. No difference, yet the placing (which is entirely dependent on the strength of the competition) completely changes people's perceptions.

So I don't look at this as being a good performance in itself, but I wasn't expecting one in her first race after the ankle issue. What we can draw from it is that she's finally able to run on the ankle, and crucially she finished the race healthy. She has a month to get into good form, and with such a great team behind her I'm not worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post
                        Even the win isn't anything to boast about, considering the calibre of her competition. The time would have gotten her no better than 6th in the last few Diamond League races. It was like Jeter winning at the Oxy Invite with 11.42, but when she faced top competition in Eugene she placed 7th (despite her faster time of 11.16). SAFP finished 8th in 11.18 in what was also her first race post-injury, but several people labelled it a terrible performance with some seemingly writing her off as a result, yet that same performance could have won several domestic races in Jamaica had she faced similarly easy competition. No difference, yet the placing (which is entirely dependent on the strength of the competition) completely changes people's perceptions.

So I don't look at this as being a good performance in itself, but I wasn't expecting one in her first race after the ankle issue. What we can draw from it is that she's finally able to run on the ankle, and crucially she finished the race healthy. She has a month to get into good form, and with such a great team behind her I'm not worried.
                        Looking at the Time itself its not enough for this times of the year to win any place at trials . It is said she ran the first 200m very cautious and then was very strong on the last 200m .that being said im convinced she was holding back to see how her body respond .

Well the first aim is to be healthy . Now she has 4 weeks to work on that and they are doing smart of instead of letting her expose herself on circuit , preserving her energy and use the time she missed back in training ....Very smart of her coach .

The worst she can do at the moment is rish back into major competition .she has all experience to be ready at trials without running much circuits

Comment

• Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                          Looking at the Time itself its not enough for this times of the year to win any place at trials . It is said she ran the first 200m very cautious and then was very strong on the last 200m .that being said im convinced she was holding back to see how her body respond .

Well the first aim is to be healthy . Now she has 4 weeks to work on that and they are doing smart of instead of letting her expose herself on circuit , preserving her energy and use the time she missed back in training ....Very smart of her coach .

The worst she can do at the moment is rish back into major competition .she has all experience to be ready at trials without running much circuits
                          I don't know if she was holding back or not since I haven't seen the video, but I totally agree with everything else. Finishing healthy is paramount right now. The remaining time until trials can be used to round into form. She doesn't need to win there either, just finish within the top 3, which I think she's capable of.

Running against stronger competition is only really an issue if she overdoes it in an attempt to win. Jeter did that a few times when she wasn't fully fit, and it caused her a lot of issues. If she doesn't mind taking a loss against someone better, and doesn't let it affect her, it won't matter.

Comment

• How did she injure her ankle ?
                            "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

• Originally posted by fourjz View Post
                              How did she injure her ankle ?
                              Weight room incident. Grade 2 sprain
                              There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                                Weight room incident. Grade 2 sprain
                                Thanks.