Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
    Am I correct in saying that Bowie did not take part in the USA 4x100m relay last year because she did not attend the required practise sessions? Does she intend to change that this year?

Felix, Bowie, Jeter + 1 other could go sub 41 again this year
    Yeah, I heard the same thing, and I hope she does attend this time around.

Adding Barbara Pierre on the first leg with a Felix to Bowie to Jeter combo is a new WR waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
      Since 2000 Richards-Ross and Guevara are the only ones to break 49. Breaking 49 is a very very high bar. I personally would be very surprised to see anyone break 49 this year who is not named Felix.
      Although its possible, I would still be surprised to see anyone break 49 this year.

As you said 48 is an extremely high bar. Its only 4 women in the past 20 years...

Comment

Im not really sure Bowie can do more damage on that backstretch.
        Having a better 100m pr doesnt necessary mean you will be better on the backstretch .
        Once felix is into her full stride she is very fast almost impossible to catch .

Remember felix main problem on the 100m comes mostly from the start . If she had good start like atleast english gardner she would definitly gone 10.7x or 10.8 flat . Her catch up speed is insane .

Now give her a flying start and she can challenge even 100m runners on that backstretch .

Last year she ran down people who ran in the 100m on that backstretch in the semifinal altho she didnt ran her best in the finals .

Still ill be open to see some changes in the relay pool !

A good 4x100 relay team would be in my opinion

TIANNA (START)- BOWIE (BACKSTRETCH) -JETER (FINAL TURN ) -FELIX (ANCHOR )

I have seen felix run anchor at mt.sac and she has crazy speed on that last leg.
        Last edited by benjastar123; 05-02-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
          Im not really sure Bowie can do more damage on that backstretch.
          Having a better 100m pr doesnt necessary mean you will be better on the backstretch .
          Once felix is into her full stride she is very fast almost impossible to catch .

Remember felix main problem on the 100m comes mostly from the start . If she had good start like atleast english gardner she would definitly gone 10.7x or 10.8 flat . Her catch up speed is insane .

Now give her a flying start and she can challenge even 100m runners on that backstretch .

Last year she ran down people who ran in the 100m on that backstretch in the semifinal altho she didnt ran her best in the finals .

Still ill be open to see some changes in the relay pool !

A good 4x100 relay team would be in my opinion

TIANNA (START)- BOWIE (BACKSTRETCH) -JETER (FINAL TURN ) -FELIX (ANCHOR )

I have seen felix run anchor at mt.sac and she has crazy speed on that last leg.
          I don't see that lineup happening. Jeter on 3rd? If she's in form, she will be anchor. If she is not running well, it should and probably will be Bowie.

Assuming full health, I can see Bartoletta-Felix-Bowie-Jeter...Bowie is a pretty good 200m runner and would fare well on the turn. Felix is probably going to be on the backstretch because that's where she's always been, but she will meet her match there in Michelle-Lee Ahye and Natasha Morrison both of whom outran Felix at least once on that leg last year, running start and all...and also Dafne and Okagbare will be there too.

Jamaica will probably feature a similar lineup: VCB-Morrison-Elaine-SAFP, though I would love to see ET run that second leg, she would probably do some major damage.

Comment

US Trials pending, I really cannot imagine a situation where Felix does not win an individual medal at all. Unless she is injured, or qualifies for both and then goes to Rio below par, I cannot see 3 women finishing above her in the 400m, her first final.

We will either be in a situation where there are no Russians in Rio, or at least none in silly-fast form, so that removes them from the equation, which is not insignificant & should certainly help with the 3 x SF format: 2008 all 3 RUS qualified for the F, forcing face paced SFs; 2009 two RUS qualified for the F, Krivoshapka running 49.6; 2011 two RUS qualifiedfor the F; In 2012 Krivoshapka was the fastest SF qualifier, pushing a 49.8; In 2013 two RUS qualified, Krivoshapka running a sub 50 SF again.

Jamaica are in a bit of a transitional period at the moment; Williams-Mills is 34, Day is nearly 30; their future star is probably going to be Shericka Jackson at 21 and already sub 50, but I am not sure she is strong enough yet to challenge Felix.

Ohuruogu and SRR and waning. Never discount TBO but I don't see her getting to the low 49s and I imagine she'd need to be in PB form to win, and I don't see that.

So the biggest challenge is likely to come from her own teammates and Shaunae Miller. I think we can pretty much remove any NCAA qualifier for Rio out of the medals. I cannot see anyone doing a full College season, qualify, and be in the form to beat Felix. So who has the ability to beat her from the USA? At this stage, IMO, it really only is Miller that can thwart her gold medal challenge here, and Miller has the potential to beast a sub 49, of that I am sure....but then maybe Felix needs this to finally push her to that sub 49 we all think she can do!

The 200m is the one where she is most vulnerable, with that sudden improvement of standards and a number of talented younger athletes getting better. I could see a situation where she struggles to medal, especially if some of the women (Thompson, DAS, AN Other American) focus just on the 200m, as one would assume fresher legs means pushing the SF a bit harder.

Worst Case scenario: 400m silver and no 200m medal
            Likely scenario: 400m gold and a 200m medal.

Is this a failure? Hell naw, not to us! But I agree with an earlier comment that Joe Public might think so. The good thing is, Felix is not shouting about it cockily, something which Marion Jones did with her ‘Drive For Five’ in 2000 so everyone was glad she fell flat on her face.

What I would say is, if she does the 200/400 double, I think the coaches would be silly putting her in the 4x100 as well, as she would be exhausted, but if she has practiced with the team then fair enough. But if the first 4 or 5 from the trials have been practicing, then they deserve to be on the team.

Comment

Im not sayin that the way it should be only that would be an change...jeter can run good bends too but yeah thats sooo rare

Comment

Anything with SAFP on anchor is a disaster and should not be entertained. She does not has the finish and should not be allowed to run anchor. Relay is a team sport!!! But you all watch for Elaine upstage her!

Comment

Bowie has run first, second and fourth in the past so she's got the ability to go where they need her.

Felix running on the 4x100m is a question mark for me given all the previous racing and the her better chance at gold in the 4x400m than the 4x1.

Comment

The USA has such depth that Felix really isn't needed in the 4x100m, but given her championship experience (and success), I'd be shocked if they exclude her from the line-up.

Provided all ladies are fit, I like a Gardner-Felix-Bowie-Jeter line-up. Gardner's inconsistent, but when she gets it right, I don't think the Jamaicans have an answer on the first leg.

Comment

Originally posted by djg
                      regardless of the order of either the us or jamaica, the team with the better passes wins.
                      yess without any doubt

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                        The USA has such depth that Felix really isn't needed in the 4x100m, but given her championship experience (and success), I'd be shocked if they exclude her from the line-up.

Provided all ladies are fit, I like a Gardner-Felix-Bowie-Jeter line-up. Gardner's inconsistent, but when she gets it right, I don't think the Jamaicans have an answer on the first leg.
                        VCB vs Gardner? Baroletta looked solid at Penn too.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                          VCB vs Gardner? Baroletta looked solid at Penn too.
                          I dont know how tianna does it but in 4 years I have not seen someone equals her performance on the start leg of that relay . She completely dominate the first leg

Who knows which color will the track at Rio be ( surface)?. I saw different pictures and im confused now !
                          Last edited by benjastar123; 05-04-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post

Who knows which color will the track at Rio be ( surface)?. I saw different pictures and im confused now !
                            Story from nbcolympics.com linked on Home Page (Today's Top Headlines, but it might have been yesterday) indicates that the track in Rio is blue.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
                              Story from nbcolympics.com linked on Home Page (Today's Top Headlines, but it might have been yesterday) indicates that the track in Rio is blue.
                              Thank u soo much !

Comment

Originally posted by DJG
                                I would like to see each lane a different color!
                                Lol rainbow track
                                Over the rainbow will be a perfect ceremony song

What would be best if they decorate each lane with their flag color

Comment

Working...
                                X