Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDondada View Post
    Anything with SAFP on anchor is a disaster and should not be entertained. She does not has the finish and should not be allowed to run anchor. Relay is a team sport!!! But you all watch for Elaine upstage her!
    Really? Everytime she has run anchor at a major championship I think they have won the Gold medal. Im thinking though that if she's neck and neck with Bowie or a fit Jeter she loses that final leg
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Anytime she has ran straight, Jamaica has won (either the backstretch or anchor). All the times she has started the relay Jamaica has lost. So I say don't break something that has already been proven. The real damage needs to be done on the first three legs.... Find a credible lead off, Elaine on the 2nd leg, VCB on 3rd and SAFP on anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
        The USA has such depth that Felix really isn't needed in the 4x100m, but given her championship experience (and success), I'd be shocked if they exclude her from the line-up.

Provided all ladies are fit, I like a Gardner-Felix-Bowie-Jeter line-up. Gardner's inconsistent, but when she gets it right, I don't think the Jamaicans have an answer on the first leg.
        Did you see the race last year? VCB on the first leg beat everyone, including Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Gardner. Felix made no dent on Morrison, Elaine beat up on Prandini and SAFP ran away from...forgot her name.

Someone earlier mentioned SAFP on anchor. I also agree that I would like to see her on a different leg, but the relays have quite a lot of politics going on and if SAFP wants to run anchor (like she does), that's where she will run.

Comment

Shelley ann actually said in her inside athletics interview that her preferred leg is second.

I think Elaine on third to Shelley ann makes more sense since they train together so can practise in training.

VCB is a relay legend however she is likely to be the third Fastest Jamaican this year, so first leg she can do the most damage, she kills the bend!

Comment

Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
            Shelley ann actually said in her inside athletics interview that her preferred leg is second.

I think Elaine on third to Shelley ann makes more sense since they train together so can practise in training.

VCB is a relay legend however she is likely to be the third Fastest Jamaican this year, so first leg she can do the most damage, she kills the bend!
            Given decent early form and a quick 200m, who from JAM would you put in front of VCB at the trials apart from SAFP and Thompson?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
              Given decent early form and a quick 200m, who from JAM would you put in front of VCB at the trials apart from SAFP and Thompson?
              I Dont know how they can assume that Elaine is faster then Vcb . VCB has a better pb in the 100m then her so no wonder vcb can bounce back and run 10.7 .
              VCB looks good this year

I see often people putting elaine in front of vcb when it comes to 100m

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                Anytime she has ran straight, Jamaica has won (either the backstretch or anchor). All the times she has started the relay Jamaica has lost. So I say don't break something that has already been proven. The real damage needs to be done on the first three legs.... Find a credible lead off, Elaine on the 2nd leg, VCB on 3rd and SAFP on anchor.
                I still believe VCB is the best curve runner in the business and as such I believe that she should continue starting. It was a good lead off leg last year and long it may continue.
                Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

I do not think felix was in her best 100m shape last year and normally she only runs 4x100 m finals and last year she ran both semifinal and final . Thats why she didnt gained any ground on Morrison but if she is well rested and only runs final it will be a gooner !

Even tho I think bartoletta can challenge vcb on curve instead of gardner

My order for Jamaica would be Elaine -Fraser -Morrison -Vcb ( Vcb should never ever be taken away from anchor)

Comment

Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                    My order for Jamaica would be Elaine -Fraser -Morrison -Vcb ( Vcb should never ever be taken away from anchor)
                    When was the last time she actually did run anchor?

Comment

I don't think I would run Elaine first. Her start seems to be the weakest part of her race and I think that's why her coach had her focus on the 200 last year. Even in that race at Worlds, DAS closed the gap on her in the first 50m before Thompson turned on the jets.

Would love to see her run 2nd or anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
                        I don't think I would run Elaine first. Her start seems to be the weakest part of her race and I think that's why her coach had her focus on the 200 last year. Even in that race at Worlds, DAS closed the gap on her in the first 50m before Thompson turned on the jets.

Would love to see her run 2nd or anchor.
                        Yes but fact is shelly ann can not be put on the first leg ...Thats a way to failure already
                        Now VcB in my opinion should not be put anywhere else ( anchor is her place ) ...So flyingpigdog who would you choose to put on the start Morrison or Elaine ?

I would pick elaine ....she has a decent / good start, (7.04) for indoor is not bad .
                        I dont think his coach avoid her from running the 100m because of her start . She had a good start in the women 200m so I dont see any reason why not in the 100m.
                        I think the main reason is that she had just started and running 100m would have tired her legs and minimalizing her chances in 200m .

And I have noticed that her coach dont let her athletes do two events very often ...dont know why tho

Comment

Running order isn't a huge issue with the Jamaican women's team. Any one of them could run anywhere and do a great job. However, I think the best order would be Morrison(or maybe Facey?)-Thompson-VCB-SAFP.

Comment

I think running the 200m will bring better results
                            Download Gas Garena cho ĐTDĐ

Comment

Allyson's back on the track after her ankle sprain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eP7...ure=youtu.be&a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCgH...ure=youtu.be&a

Comment

Good to see, but the real test of that ankle will be when it comes time to run hard on the curve.
                                There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                                X