Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allyson Felix's double attempt in Rio

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I think she's going to have a tough beating Bowie, let alone Schippers and Thompson. But there's still plenty of time, but she needs to be at her very best to challenge for a medal. 21.9 won't cut it.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
      I think she's going to have a tough beating Bowie, let alone Schippers and Thompson. But there's still plenty of time, but she needs to be at her very best to challenge for a medal. 21.9 won't cut it.
      What is plenty of time? There is just over a month to Olympic trials where she may very likely have to be in sub 50 form, then come back and be in sub 22.2 form to make the team.
      Yes, if anyone can do it, Felix would be the one, but that's a tall task for anyone.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by ATK View Post
        Yes, if anyone can do it, Felix would be the one, but that's a tall task for anyone.

        Especially short on training, and possibly without an outdoor race under her belt before the Trials.
        There are no strings on me

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ATK View Post
          What is plenty of time? There is just over a month to Olympic trials where she may very likely have to be in sub 50 form, then come back and be in sub 22.2 form to make the team.
          Yes, if anyone can do it, Felix would be the one, but that's a tall task for anyone.
          Oh I totally agree. I pretty much threw the 'plenty of time' in so benjastar doesn't fly off the handle.

          But it's an extremely tall order. It already was, even if she was 100% healthy. I think she should seriously consider dropping the 200m and focus on the 400m, at least when it comes to Rio. She has a much better chance at the 400m, in the deuce she could find herself out of the medals altogether.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
            Oh I totally agree. I pretty much threw the 'plenty of time' in so benjastar doesn't fly off the handle.

            But it's an extremely tall order. It already was, even if she was 100% healthy. I think she should seriously consider dropping the 200m and focus on the 400m, at least when it comes to Rio. She has a much better chance at the 400m, in the deuce she could find herself out of the medals altogether.
            Kersee is a genius when it comes to preparing his athletes for major .If it was that bad he definitly would have let felix opt one event . Dont get too hyped up since the fastest girl in the 200m right now beside felix is Bowie ( Mc grone also but she is not in form at the moment) and bowie pb is 22.18. And at this point i think it doesnt matter which spot felix takes at trials , if its the first one or 3 rd one its all the same since Rio is when it matters . and Before she got the injury she was in a pretty good shape soo 3 weeks off track wont necesarry makes her not making the team at trials

            Her ankle injury was really not at the right moment but it could have been worse .

            All by all we will see what happen at trials

            Despite what everyone thinks ,I think still felix best event is the 200m .
            She already knows how to run a really good 200m but her 400m is always a work in progress .
            She has ever been a really good 200m runner so i dont really get why suddenly she should opt the 400m in some opinions .

            Felix is a natural 200m and whoever coach you find in the world will tell you the same .
            She has pretty quick turnover for her long legs , she has an average height , short upperbody , long legs , enough foot speed , pretty good speed endurance and average start.

            I really dont get it why suddenly she should pick 400m instead of 200m.

            In 400m she has many competitor almost as fast as her
            Last edited by benjastar123; 05-26-2016, 07:44 PM.

            Comment


            • #81
              Her very good outing over 400r was well before the injury happened and she must of have been in better shape by the time she did the ankle. She has not been sitting on her thumbs since then, and she has years of background. This is not a pair of neophytes you are dealing with. And talk of 21.9 not medaling are a bit on the aggressive side. Of course, that depends on what the track is like if if a 22.0 on a 'normal' top track is a 21.8 on the Rio track (like it might have been in Beijing) then it is easier to hit those kind of marks, but remember that there are rounds to deal with.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                Her very good outing over 400r was well before the injury happened and she must of have been in better shape by the time she did the ankle. She has not been sitting on her thumbs since then, and she has years of background. This is not a pair of neophytes you arue dealing with. And talk of 21.9 not medaling are a bit on the aggressive side. Of course, that depends on what the track is like if if a 22.0 on a 'normal' top track is a 21.8 on the Rio track (like it might have been in Beijing) then it is easier to hit those kind of marks, but remember that there are rounds to deal with.
                Exactly .
                Im not sure how fast the track at Rio is but if it isnt like the beijing one we might probably not see those times we saw at Beijing again .
                I watch some races from Brazil and saw that it isnt common to run fast times there . I dont really know exactly why .

                that double might not be at the right time but who knows , if she wins both 400m and 200m ill be Happy for sure but if not , I still be satisfied cause she tried !

                I Think a 21.7-8 this year can very well without a problem take the gold medal .
                Now the question is can felix after all those rounds of 400m hit an 21.8 in the 200m ....Im not sure

                Lets see

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                  Dont get too hyped up since the fastest girl in the 200m right now beside felix is Bowie ( Mc grone also but she is not in form at the moment) and bowie pb is 22.18.
                  Have you even seen Schipper's 200 in Hengelo? You should really consider a career with the IOC, they love employees with a flair for misinterpreting and misrepresenting facts.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by norunner View Post
                    Have you even seen Schipper's 200 in Hengelo? You should really consider a career with the IOC, they love employees with a flair for misinterpreting and misrepresenting facts.
                    I think he is referring to the US women.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      The 21.9 and not medalling were supposed to be two independent thoughts, so let me clarify:

                      1. I believe Felix needs to be in top shape to fend off the medal challenge of Schippers, Thompson, Bowie and probably a couple other women too - maybe VCB, DAS, Ahoure?

                      2. Given that, I think she is easily superior to VCB, DAS, Ahoure, etc. but Felix is going for gold of course and I don't think 21.9 is going to be enough to get the win. Probably anything less than a win would be a letdown for Felix.

                      So basically, my opinion is that Felix will need to run in the 21.6 to 21.9 range after rounds to win in Rio. And possibly after the 400m and all its rounds too. Apart from that being a grueling order, how many times has Felix even ran sub 21.9 in her entire career, while concentrating only on the 100/200? Not very many. She's older, more injury prone and will not be fresh.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
                        The 21.9 and not medalling were supposed to be two independent thoughts, so let me clarify:

                        1. I believe Felix needs to be in top shape to fend off the medal challenge of Schippers, Thompson, Bowie and probably a couple other women too - maybe VCB, DAS, Ahoure?

                        2. Given that, I think she is easily superior to VCB, DAS, Ahoure, etc. but Felix is going for gold of course and I don't think 21.9 is going to be enough to get the win. Probably anything less than a win would be a letdown for Felix.

                        So basically, my opinion is that Felix will need to run in the 21.6 to 21.9 range after rounds to win in Rio. And possibly after the 400m and all its rounds too. Apart from that being a grueling order, how many times has Felix even ran sub 21.9 in her entire career, while concentrating only on the 100/200? Not very many. She's older, more injury prone and will not be fresh.
                        Yes @norunner ..but you should consider that job aswell since i wasnt referring to dafne . I was talking about Us.trials and the women 200m in the US.

                        Flyingpigdog ...I definitly understand and agree expect for that part of her not being fresh for her being older ...Its not like she is a grandma now lol !

                        I know it will take a lot out of her but yeah lets hope the best . Thats all we can do now .
                        Im not sure she has to be in 21.6 -21.9 to medal or to win . I think this year more like 21.8 -21.9 which is not easy .

                        Felix is a better overall athlete now so I think if kersee thinks she can do it ...What can I say !

                        Probably he sees alot of potential and will try to let her go all out this year .

                        Kersee has trained alot of professional athletes over the year and know probably more then we do and if he thinks she can pull it off this year .....who knows .

                        Ill be just waiting for trials to see how felix will respond .

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by TheDondada View Post
                          And that's why I can't stand the woman, she does not seem to have a brain or the team spirit attitude to disagree with her coach ego. She does not speak eloquent and come off as deficient intellectually. Just not very sharp.
                          Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                          Hmmmn. Spoken like the truly sharp intellectual giant that you undoubtedly are.
                          Yes, we are all in awe.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by norunner View Post
                            Have you even seen Schipper's 200 in Hengelo? You should really consider a career with the IOC, they love employees with a flair for misinterpreting and misrepresenting facts.
                            Try to pay attention here.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                              Yes @norunner ..but you should consider that job aswell since i wasnt referring to dafne . I was talking about Us.trials and the women 200m in the US.

                              Flyingpigdog ...I definitly understand and agree expect for that part of her not being fresh for her being older ...Its not like she is a grandma now lol !

                              I know it will take a lot out of her but yeah lets hope the best . Thats all we can do now .
                              Im not sure she has to be in 21.6 -21.9 to medal or to win . I think this year more like 21.8 -21.9 which is not easy .

                              Felix is a better overall athlete now so I think if kersee thinks she can do it ...What can I say !

                              Probably he sees alot of potential and will try to let her go all out this year .

                              Kersee has trained alot of professional athletes over the year and know probably more then we do and if he thinks she can pull it off this year .....who knows .

                              Ill be just waiting for trials to see how felix will respond .
                              Well let me just say that for my own selfish reasons, I wish: Felix would be 100% healthy, would focus on the 200m only and be in the best shape of her life. Because if all that happened, we are in for a colossal race between her, Schippers, Thompson and hopefully Bowie. The only time I can ever remember four women under 22s was Seoul, maybe that was the only time! Though Beijing x 2 (2008, 2015) came close.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
                                Well let me just say that for my own selfish reasons, I wish: Felix would be 100% healthy, would focus on the 200m only and be in the best shape of her life. Because if all that happened, we are in for a colossal race between her, Schippers, Thompson and hopefully Bowie. The only time I can ever remember four women under 22s was Seoul, maybe that was the only time! Though Beijing x 2 (2008, 2015) came close.
                                The women's 200 might be one of the few events without a clear cut favorite and quite possibly a 4 way battle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X