X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    I wonder if this will change how the IAAF looks at requests for schedule changes in the future.
    Shaunae Miller may play with the idea. Lets hope not though. Has she given any idea as to whether or not she will double?

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by Charley Shaffer View Post
    Are you still trying to promote your theory that the Hayward track is cursed somehow? Hogwash. The turn radius is only 0.5% off the IAAF Standard 400 Metre Track dimensions, and that's less than 1/6 of a lane width.
    Kia ora Charley. Therefore would I be correct in saying that lane 2 Hayward had a greater radius than lane 1 IAAF standard, and so on out to lane 8 Hayward having a greater radius than lane 7 IAAF standard,

If yes, then all this hair pulling anguish is just a load of the proverbial

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    I wonder if this will change how the IAAF looks at requests for schedule changes in the future.

Leave a comment:

• benjastar123
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Yeah, Merritt does that sort of thing at the Olympics, not the Trials.
    Felix almost won her semifinal heat with 50.31 0.03 Behind Francena and looked like she has more in the tank . Well unexpected I have to say since I read many people saying she ran her heat very hard yesterday and almost ran 52. Well next time I will watch the race myself

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by DJG
    Yes, Warnier, not Merritt. Thanks G.
    Yeah, Merritt does that sort of thing at the Olympics, not the Trials.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    I think he meant Wariner

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by DJG
    If Vegas has the odds of Felix winning double gold 200/400 in Rio, those odds went up by a factor of at least 2or 3.

The US OT, where former stars go to DNF: Richards Ross, Merritt
    Or to fade away: Dix, Trotter, Feeney, Ryan
    Which Merritt is that?

Leave a comment:

• Gabriella2
    replied
    Well she's ben lucky with her lane draw for the 400 heats, so it's now down to her to run for a good lane for the next round.

As for the 200; despite no time this season, you can bet if she is entering that event. she won't be drawn in lanes 1 or 2, because of that ankle and USATF won't let that happen.

Leave a comment:

• Charley Shaffer
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71 View Post
    Translation: it will be very hard to even make the team in the 200 on this track
    Are you still trying to promote your theory that the Hayward track is cursed somehow? Hogwash. The turn radius is only 0.5% off the IAAF Standard 400 Metre Track dimensions, and that's less than 1/6 of a lane width.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Right ankle, almost certainly lateral side considering the nature of the injury. And she has had to do whatever track work she's done in a clockwise direction so that gives an idea of how critical lanes will be for her. More so in the 200 of course(if she actually runs it), but still no small concern in the 400 with double the torquing distance per race.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    A "Smart Felix" also knows that place determines lane draw in the subsequent round - not a small concern with that ankle
    Do we know exactly where the problem is? If it is the lateral (outside) of the right foot or the medial side of the left foot it is more of a problem than if it is on the 'non-stretched' side.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by _Jay View Post
    And a Smart Felix....knows that the top 3 automatically qualify to the next round.
    A "Smart Felix" also knows that place determines lane draw in the subsequent round - not a small concern with that ankle

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    Sure, but three of those women have run under 51 in the last year so it means having to push a bit.
    Maybe, maybe not. I know in an "Olympic Year" people tend to step it up a bit....but the first round results from last yr indicate that it may not be as fast as we think.

1 Francena McCorory adidas 51.25Q 3
    2 Quanera Hayes Unattached 51.31Q 2
    3 Allyson Felix NIKE 51.40Q 1
    4 Sanya Richards-Ross NIKE 51.93Q 4
    5 Natasha Hastings Und Armour/NYAC 51.44Q 2
    6 Shakima Wimbley Miami 51.70Q 1
    7 Phyllis Francis NIKE 51.82Q 3
    8 Dee Dee Trotter Running 4 People 52.22Q 4
    9 Jessica Beard adidas 51.62Q 2
    10 Robin Reynolds Florida 51.97Q 1
    11 Courtney Okolo Texas 52.33Q 3
    12 Ashley Spencer Texas 52.40Q 4
    13 Kendall Baisden Texas 51.76q 2
    14 Kala Funderburk Florida St. 52.38q 1
    15 Kiara Porter V C U 52.42q 1
    16 Shapri Romero Unattached 52.72q 4

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by _Jay View Post
    And a Smart Felix....knows that the top 3 automatically qualify to the next round.
    Sure, but three of those women have run under 51 in the last year so it means having to push a bit.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    We'll know her level of fitness right off the bat as she has Hayes, Wimbley, Beard and Baisden in her heat. A fit Felix wins easily. A struggling Felix...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X