Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Any bets on whether Cunliffe turns Pro immediately following the NCAA's, following the path set last year by Prandini?

I'll give it 75-25 odds right now!
    Perhaps; who knows? But if she transfers her athletic nationality to Italy, that may reduce her promotional value to some potential sponsors.
    http://paulmerca.blogspot.com/2016/0...ent-italy.html

Comment

Hope you're referring to what I'm CERTAIN I saw in the initial showing of the results of the 5000.
      I KNOW I saw Cheserek listed back in about 35th place with a time of about 14:40!!
      Then, when I refreshed the page a couple of minutes later, his name was removed!!

Did he run the race as a workout---since points weren't needed---so they removed his name, since he ran "unofficially"?

As for his 10K win, I'm NOT impressed!
      As I've often said, if you HAVE the talent, USE it!!
      Cheserek RARELY puts ALL of his talent into a race!!
      He didn't look impressive because he didn't need to. It think it is pretty clear he only ran to win, which he did. As Dutra says he isn't running to make aaronk happy. Not his fault he only had to "jog" to win. Running a hard solo 10,000m would have been the height of stupidity given the upcoming schedule.

If the ducks had needed the points from the 5,000 I imagine he would have gone out and got them. However, the Ducks were so far in front there was no need.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed the meet and the "walk down memory lane". The sad thing for me was to see how far off the pace WSU was compared to the WSU teams of the 1960s and 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          and Tuariki looked best of all! (although my shirt was better than his :-)
          This is GH shirt
          And because I was in Seattle I was dressed for the inevitable
          Attached Files

Comment

And when the rain was away, as it was when I was with Rick Sloan.

Mind you I had to explain to a coupe of the initiated what I was wearing a shirt saying "all Blacks".
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pictures; now there is a face going with that name (and a comparison shot with GH to boot).

Comment

As for his 10K win, I'm NOT impressed!
                As I've often said, if you HAVE the talent, USE it!!
                Cheserek RARELY puts ALL of his talent into a race!!
                well, anybody who was there and saw the race I suspect would have been mightily impressed. He simply walked away from the field at ease when he wanted to. You don't have to run fast times to be impressive.

Comment

aaronk is only impressed by great marks.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    well, anybody who was there and saw the race I suspect would have been mightily impressed. He simply walked away from the field at ease when he wanted to. You don't have to run fast times to be impressive.
                    Right on, GH. Ches was running to win and to garner a Regional time. He succeeded at both, just like he'll sweep the five and dime in June.

Comment

Working...
                    X