X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    I guarantee one thing if Semenya competes in Rio.
    Whatever the result, Semenya's time and place will NOT be respected or honored by the other runners---in heats, semi, or final.
    And I mean NO ONE!!!
    Not quite correct aaronk - the PC liberals at CAS and the like will all celebrate this demonstration of female equality that they have concocted.

I would love to see a certain BJ/CJ come to NZ next year to enter the W65s for the World Master's Games and so bring this whole debacle out into the limelight.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    aaronk's rants aside, the difference between Kratochvilova and Semenya is the governing bodies know Semenya has an unfair advantage but, at least at this point, aren't doing anything to address the CAS situation before the Olympics. Hell, they might as well pick out one athlete from each event and give them carte blanche to dope to their heart's content

As for you tandfman - I see what you did there lol
    I guess tandfman is saying that only Semenya would be able to walk

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by beebee View Post
    It is so nice to see the righteous anger here protecting the honor legacy of Kratochivilova
    aaronk's rants aside, the difference between Kratochvilova and Semenya is the governing bodies know Semenya has an unfair advantage but, at least at this point, aren't doing anything to address the CAS situation before the Olympics. Hell, they might as well pick out one athlete from each event and give them carte blanche to dope to their heart's content

As for you tandfman - I see what you did there lol

Leave a comment:

• 1runner1
    replied
    Druggie Kratoch. has nothing to do with it. Her mark should have been expunged long ago. That was then..this is now. And this is not what Athletics should be. If CS ran a time faster than JK did it would mean nothing and should never be ratified.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Whatever the result, Semenya's time and place will NOT be respected or honored by the other runners---in heats, semi, or final.
    And I mean NO ONE!!!
    It is so nice to see the righteous anger here protecting the honor legacy of Kratochivilova

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    And I mean NO ONE!!!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    They'd be wasting their time to threaten. If Semenya is indeed allowed to compete in Rio in her current physical state the most appropriate(and effective) thing the other seven finalists could do is line up as usual, then walk off the track when the set command is given. Don't threaten, don't complain. Just do it.
    That would take balls! :-)

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
    might other runners threaten boycott of w800m?
    They'd be wasting their time to threaten. If Semenya is indeed allowed to compete in Rio in her current physical state the most appropriate(and effective) thing the other seven finalists could do is line up as usual, then walk off the track when the set command is given. Don't threaten, don't complain. Just do it.

Leave a comment:

• eightsevensix
    replied
    Speaking of whom, where's Bondarenko, MIA from the HJ!
    Will be in Shanghai.

Leave a comment:

• 1runner1
    replied
    might other runners threaten boycott of w800m?

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Thanks for that update player. It certainly appears there's not much that can be done to prevent Semenya from competing in international championships until the IAAF answers CAS's concerns, which as you say is not very likely to happen before 2017

Leave a comment:

• player
    replied
    By IOC rules, the only way Semenya will be competing in Rio is if no one files for an investigation per IOC hyperandrogenism rules, or the investigation is completed and finds that Semenya is, indeed, all woman.

The London link you provided above is outdated. See the below link dated November 2015 (post-Dutee v. Chand) and, in particular, Section 2 of the document:

"2) Hyperandrogenism in female athletes.

In response to the interim award dated 24 July 2015 in Chand v AFI and IAAF
    CAS 2014/A/3759, the IOC Consensus Meeting recommended:

Rules should be in place for the protection of women in sport and the
    promotion of the principles of fair competition.

The IAAF, with support from other International Federations, National
    Olympic Committees and other sports organisations, is encouraged to
    revert to CAS with arguments and evidence to support the reinstatement of
    its hyperandrogenism rules."

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Com...ogenism-en.pdf

The suspension of the IAAF's hyperandrogenism rules by CAS suspends their operation for the Olympics. The suspension can only be lifted if IAAF "reverts" to CAS with the demanded additional supporting evidence, which I have seen no indication of happening.

CAS ruling is here (see paragraph 548 at close of ruling):

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/use...d_internet.pdf

The revised IOC statement linked above does provide for testosterone testing on transgender males transitioning to female but that is of no avail with regard to athletes who have always claimed a female identity.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    By IOC rules, the only way Semenya will be competing in Rio is if no one files for an investigation per IOC hyperandrogenism rules, or the investigation is completed and finds that Semenya is, indeed, all woman.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    My guess is she'll be in Rio. If she's not due to inquiry, we'll never know the reason why she's not.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    What is the answer? I don't know.

As far as the Olympics, it's simple. Someone needs to file for an investigation of Semenya's physical status by the IOC, as noted in the link above. I suspect this has already happened, and would be very surprised if Semenya is allowed to compete in Rio (in her current physical status)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X