Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last seven years the West regionals have been held in: Texas, Oregon, Texas, Texas, Arkansas, Texas, and Kansas.

I checked to see whether there was a weather delay at Oregon in 2011; there was. The others almost go without saying.

There's always California (I know, somebody has to bid).

Comment

Comment

Here is the revised West Regional schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
          Wow. That is a major change. They eliminated a round in the majority of the races.

Comment

This is the "we don't give a crap about the purpose of the meet" schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
              Wow. That is a major change. They eliminated a round in the majority of the races.
              It looks like they eliminated a round in all of the track events that were supposed to have two rounds at regionals.
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-27-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                The last seven years the West regionals have been held in: Texas, Oregon, Texas, Texas, Arkansas, Texas, and Kansas.

I checked to see whether there was a weather delay at Oregon in 2011; there was. The others almost go without saying.

There's always California (I know, somebody has to bid).
                And in Austin yesterday, we had lightning after about 6pm and got 6" of rain overnight. Probably would've been cancelled here also.

Comment

When will they ever learn? :-(

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                    This is the "we don't give a crap about the purpose of the meet" schedule.
                    That's probably because the coaches, who I assume had to agree to this change, probably don't care about this meet, it's the bureaucrats who care.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      That's probably because the coaches, who I assume had to agree to this change, probably don't care about this meet, it's the bureaucrats who care.
                      It's all about cost... extra day, mo' money.

Comment

It seems in the women's Javelin that Avione Allgood who had a nice 58.81 at Big 12 champs is a no show.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                          It's all about cost... extra day, mo' money.
                          Cost is a legitimate factor. Housing and feeding 1000 people for one day more than planned is not a trivial item. Nor is the cost of re-booking everyone's flight home. None of these costs had been budgeted by the affected institutions.

But there's another factor as well. An important reason why the meet always ends on Saturday is that some schools (most notably BYU) refuse to compete on Sundays for religious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            haven't vetted the comment, but an e-mail I got said this is the seventh year in a row with a significant weather delay at the West Regional
                            The weather in all of California this week is mid 70's high, and mid 50's low, with some clouds. Just sayin!

Comment

One thing I noticed is that everything starts in the morning or early afternoon, with the last running event starting at 1:25 today and 2:30 tomorrow. Is that because bad weather is predicted for the evenings the next couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                Is that because bad weather is predicted for the evenings the next couple of days?
                                For today the answer is a solid yes as the chance of rain is quite high during the afternoon/evening hours. For Saturday I am guessing they just wanted to allow themselves leeway no matter what happened weather wise by getting started early.
                                Hour by hour NWS forecast here http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...stType=digital
                                Last edited by donley2; 05-27-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X