Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA West

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Jasmine Todd a surprise non-starter in the W100. While not projected to score, the potential was there. Someone is posting on another board that she has ended her season via a social media post. I could not confirm this on Twitter or Facebook. This would affect Oregon only in the 4x100, as she wasn't projected to score in the LJ, either, her only other individual event.

    Comment


    • #47
      Meet is currently postponed (for the remaining outdoor events) until 6pm central time. Frankly however the current forecast/weather outlook does not look that great.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
        Jasmine Todd a surprise non-starter in the W100. While not projected to score, the potential was there. Someone is posting on another board that she has ended her season via a social media post. I could not confirm this on Twitter or Facebook. This would affect Oregon only in the 4x100, as she wasn't projected to score in the LJ, either, her only other individual event.
        Was there any reason why?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Rich22 View Post
          jazzycylist: I can assure you no coach here was asked about how we felt. The decision was made ouot of NCAA headquarters in Indy. We received text messages and e-mails throughout the night about changes to the meet. Lots of coaches didn't know about the changes until early this morning when they woke up!
          Thanks for the info Rich. The fact that this was done without input from the coaches tells you how little Indianapolis cares about the well-being of the sport.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Was there any reason why?
            Her performance at Pac12s was pretty lackluster; she led her 100 heat then inexplicably slowed down and didn't make the final. She scored in the LJ and also ran on the 4x1 team; no reasons have come forth yet. It's pretty well known in Duck circles that she was turning pro after the NCAA. Perhaps she's slightly injured and saving it for Trials? Lots of speculation, but nothing concrete yet.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
              Good riddance to that round. I've rather enjoyed watching these "winner take all+3/6" races today
              I've never thought that winner plus time qualifiers was fair competition, and I haven't enjoyed watching it either. I think that format can reduce the likelihood that the best people will qualify for the next round.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                Why does it say DNF in the results? Are you at the meet? Either way it's still a shocker since she had a chance to challenge Shamier Little IMO.
                Sorry, I should have said I was watching the stream. She didn't show up for her section. A shame, because she and Stepter would really make it a race against Little. Along with the LSU crew.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                  Her performance at Pac12s was pretty lackluster; she led her 100 heat then inexplicably slowed down and didn't make the final. She scored in the LJ and also ran on the 4x1 team; no reasons have come forth yet. It's pretty well known in Duck circles that she was turning pro after the NCAA. Perhaps she's slightly injured and saving it for Trials? Lots of speculation, but nothing concrete yet.
                  Her twitter account indicates she's at the meet and appeared to be anticipating running as of this morning.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Rich22 View Post
                    jazzycylist: I can assure you no coach here was asked about how we felt. The decision was made ouot of NCAA headquarters in Indy. We received text messages and e-mails throughout the night about changes to the meet. Lots of coaches didn't know about the changes until early this morning when they woke up!
                    While this is relevant, is it very feasible/useful to have 125 coaches trying to hammer out an agreement in a dynamic setting (continually updating the weather to figure what set up could work). Are you going to have a majority vote or what would the mechanism be for figuring it out when so many people are involved.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      In a bit of a surprise Here is Victoria Weeks has this series so far (3.82/3.97/4.

                      PPP XXO XXO

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Why did she "end her season ?"
                        "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Watch Live Now!
                          http://kuathletics.com/watch/?Live=363

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Cunliffe does not advance in the 200m. She had a bad lane draw (lane 2) but a number of other top runners had the same in their heats and had no problem. Just didn't have it: 23.30 and out,

                            She looked great yesterday in the 100m. Very surprising.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Wow, Cunliffe doesn't advance in the 200, running 23.30 to finish 16th overall.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Hannah Cunliffe didn't make it in the 200!!
                                That's a BIG loss for Oregon!!
                                She probably would've scored at least 6 points in that event!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X