• aaronk
    replied
    Mystery solved.

LOL

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Update:

Allegation No. 1 is that a professor within the University of Oregon anthropology department knowingly moved former Oregon track athlete Jasmine Todd’s grade from an “F” to a “B-” so she could remain eligible for competition in March of 2016. The NCAA states she competed in four contests while ineligible. Oregon later discovered the grade change and rescinded the grade and her degree.

The violation is considered “Level II,” which is considered a significant breach of conduct.

The NCAA’s notice of allegations says that a male professor “knowingly arranged for fraudulent academic credit or false transcripts,” in Todd’s “Anthropology 278: Scientific Racism” class. The professor’s name is redacted from the report, but 2016 course schedules indicate that adjunct professor Larry Ulibarri taught that class. Ulibarri was still teaching classes as of fall term 2017.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    It also explains "outside my control" because she did the work (although maybe not on time) and it was back a ways in time.
    Exactly. Made an agreement, followed through on her end (as far as we know), and was blindsided. I'm guessing that Oregon doesn't accept special agreements for athletes because it smells of impropriety.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    It also explains "outside my control" because she did the work (although maybe not on time) and it was back a ways in time.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    Technically, it was rules-related. She did the work but the professor allowed her more leeway than the University approved. Not her fault, the professor screwed up.
    Man, heck of a way to end your senior season. And for Oregon to learn about this policy. You would think the Professor has the ability to do what he did.

Leave a comment:

• Merner521
    replied
    A star track athlete signs up for an online elective class that only meets on weekends during track season. Prof agrees to accept every assignment late? Looks kind of bad from the outside.

Weird that they would only find out this was a problem so late in season. Did a school administrator have it in for athletes? Have there been some problems with other athletes at Oregon not taking real classes.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    I guess I was right, it was an academic issue...

http://www.flotrack.org/article/4278...creeching-halt
    Technically, it was rules-related. She did the work but the professor allowed her more leeway than the University approved. Not her fault, the professor screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Academic related maybe?
    I guess I was right, it was an academic issue...

Jasmine Todd was on the starting line when she learned she was ineligible to compete for the Oregon Ducks. The senior was in her lane, getting ready to run

Leave a comment:

• Waterbuffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by sprintdoc View Post
    Today's results serve as a contract killer. She will be lucky to get enough for rent money much less the value of the college scholarship that she that she was enjoying at UO...
    I don't follow the logic of a single 11.2x/11.4x series serving as a "contract killer".

Aaronk mentioned in a separate thread that Jasmine Todd has "indicated" she is turning pro. Does anyone know any firm details?

Leave a comment:

• sprintdoc
    replied
    Today's results serve as a contract killer. She will be lucky to get enough for rent money much less the value of the college scholarship that she that she was enjoying at UO. With the kind of day Arianna Washington had it may serve notice to Washington that she should take the money and run while hitting her peak rather than waiting as Todd did a year and losing major money. I hate seeing too many collegians turning pro too early especially when they are not going to command enough to warrant it. Todd should have resolved her academic issues and stayed in school. I suspect the academic issues were a product of her plan to turn pro at the season anyway.

Leave a comment:

• trebornekmes
    replied
    Booond, James Booond!

Good one.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    11.33w/11.44 today in Florida: http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-r...arpro/results/

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    RELAY PERSONNEL AND PERFORMANCE POLICY
    1. Each institution will declare one relay team for the Preliminary Championship Competition from those on the qualified descending order list. That relay team’s performance will be used for seeding purposes. All other teams on the descending order list from that institution must be scratched.
    2. A replacement may be a substitute or an alternate. A substitute is a student-athlete who is already in the competition, originating with the Preliminary Championship Competition and carrying through the Final Championship Competition (i.e. once a substitute, always a substitute). An alternate is a student-athlete not already in the Preliminary Championship Competition in any event. Not more than two alternates can be named.
    The alternates must be declared separately and not later than the close of packet pick-up at each site of the Preliminary Championship Competition. At the Final Championship Competition, the alternates are those named and declared during packet pick-up at the finals site. In addition, a substitute pool of anyone who is already in the competition, originating with the Preliminary Championship Competition, is available for use on
    the relay.
    3. The four members who actually compete and earn a Final Championship Competition qualifying position will be the ‘declared’ relay team for that institution in the Final Championship Competition and will be the only individuals for which NCAA championship travel reimbursement will be provided. NCAA travel reimbursement will not be provided to alternates, even if they compete in the championship. The performance achieved in the Preliminary Championship Competition will be used as the seed place and time in the Final
    Championship Competition. The qualifying mark from the descending order list is not preserved.
    4. Replacements to the original qualifying relay team at the Preliminary Championship Competition sites are limited to qualified substitutes or alternates, as defined above. The maximum number of replacements to the specific team that qualified for the Preliminary Championship Competition is two. The maximum number of replacements to the specific team that qualified for the Final Championship Competition is two. See Rule 5-8.2.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    But when were the relay pools submitted? Before she pulled out of Regionals or after?
    As my bosses would have all said, bring me answers not questions! :-)

I don't know the answer to your question.

Leave a comment:

• 1runner1
    replied
    lots of Oregon athletes leave and team is tanking in NCAA's..just saying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X