Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas Boost Boston Games, 17 June

I don't think we have a thread on this, so here goes.

http://boost.karmarush.com

Some interesting results so far, at least for USA fans

w800
    Ajee Wilson 1:59.72
    Molly Ludlow 1:59.93
    Both season bests, I think. Other good marks, too, but I will just note one -- Morgan Uceny back in 7th at 2:02.00 -- she has of course run much faster, but not in a long time -- not since 2011.

HS Girls' Dream 1500
    1. Kate Murphy 4:07.21
    #3 a-t HS, and I think OT qualifier. She is,I think, 17yo, and just finished her junior year of HS. I had to look up her record to be reminded that she was Pan-Am Jr champion last year.
    2. Katie Rainsberger 4:14.12
    Last edited by Master Po; 06-18-2016, 12:16 AM.

w1500
    1. Cory McGee 4:08.65
    2. Rachel Schneider 4:09.29
    3. Mary Cain 4:10.84
    That is a season best for Ms. Cain.

Comment

Gebremeskel over Gebriwhat under 13 in a 3 man race

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post

HS Dream 1500
        1. Kate Murphy 4:07.21
        #3 a-t HS, and I think OT qualifier. She is,I think, 17yo, and just finished her junior year of HS. I had to look up her record to be reminded that she was Pan-Am Jr champion last year.
        2. Katie Rainsberger 4:14.12
        OT qualifier for sure. The difference between Murphy and Rainsberger completely on the final lap. Murphy ran 62. Woman in the open race ran 66.

Comment

m1500
          1. Collins Cheboi KEN 3:35.82
          2. Nick Willis NZL 3:35.95
          3. Ben True USA 3:36.05
          That is a significant PB for True, from 3:40.07. Bodes well for his 5k prospects this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            OT qualifier for sure. The difference between Murphy and Rainsberger completely on the final lap. Murphy ran 62. Woman in the open race ran 66.
            Murphy closed faster than in the women's race.

Comment

That is a big PB for Ms. Murphy, from 4:14.26, which she ran about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                Gebremeskel over Gebriwhat under 13 in a 3 man race
                12:59.89 for Gebremeskel with a 57.48 last lap
                13:00.20 for Gebrhiwet

The other Ethiopian in the race (Debeli Gezmu) a distant third in 13:33.

Chris O'Hare provided pacing, but only for one mile, it looks like (I see a 1400m split for him, but not a 1800 ... but I'd guess it more likely he'd drop at 4 laps instead of 3.5)

"Gebriwhat" reflects my usual thought with Gebrhiwet. I almost always have to go look him up to get his name right, haha. Maybe he should go by just his first name, Hagos ... distinctive enough I think.

I believe his name was even misspelt in the official entry lists I looked up last night.

Comment

Meseret Defar wins 5k in 15:06.96. Probably other things worth commenting on in this race, but I will note Jo Pavey's 15:24.74, for 5th place. She is now 42yo -- nearly 43 -- and that is IMO a great time for a veteran athlete, who also happens to be one of my all-time favorite athletes, by the way. Glad to see her still competing, and competing well.

Comment

Earlier I posted that I thought Kate Murphy to be 17yo. She is actually still 16 -- dob is 15 August 1999 (per Tilastopaja).

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                      Murphy closed faster than in the women's race.
                      Isn't that what I said? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
                        w1500
                        1. Cory McGee 4:08.65
                        2. Rachel Schneider 4:09.29
                        3. Mary Cain 4:10.84
                        That is a season best for Ms. Cain.
                        A season best, but she's run only one other 1500 this season. She still does not look anything like the Mary Cain we saw a few years ago. I know she's still only 20 and has plenty of time to get back to where she was, but it's still painful to see her running the way she ran last night. Based on how she was running when she was 17 and 18, she should be among the world's best right now. Sadly, she's far from that.

I'm still a big fan, though, and I'll continue to hope that things will soon be better.

Comment

I was following the excellent live results. Here is what I wrote DURING the W 5000:

W 5000 -- About to start in five minutes. Meseret Defar is leading, so I guess there's no rabbit, first kilo in 3:00.26, now pulling away from Jo Pavey and Azmera Gebru by about five seconds at 1400 (72.27). I don't know what the conditions are like, but Abbey D'Agostino should be going with this pace; she's 7 second adrift at 1800. Defar 73.00 for 6:37.99 at 2200. (These are finish-line splits, of course.) The pack is running about 74 seconds, gradually losing ground. Marielle Hall is 3rd behind Pavey, and Sara Slattery has dropped out. Defar passes 3K in 9:03.61, Hall now 2nd from Gebru, Pavey, D'Ag and Emily Sisson. Running 15 is not going to do Defar any good in getting selected, and now she's slowed to 74.12, while Hall and Gebru have picked it up to 72.4, still almost 7 seconds back. 1200 to go, Hall gained almost two seconds on that lap. Sentayehu Ejigu, BTW, dropped out after 1800 meters. Two to go, and Hall is less than four seconds behind Defar. D'Ag and Emily Sisson have passed Gebru. With a lap to go, it's Defar 13:58.27 from Hall 14:02.10, D'Ag fighting with Sisson for 3rd. Defar pulls out a 68.69 last 400 to win it in 15:06.96 from Hall, D'Agostino, Gebru, Pavey and Sisson, who faded badly with a 75.62 last lap. Hall's time is an outdoor SB and her 5th-best time, counting indoors. Her four laps between 3000 and 4600 were covered in 4:50.12, and she gained almost five seconds on Defar. 15:22.29 is Abbey's 5th-best 5000, her first one outdoors this year; she ran 15:24.44 indoors for 6th at Millrose. Her only outdoor race this year before this was a 4:14.46 in Waltham MA on June 11, a win.

With a little imagination, you could visualize the race. The times popped up almost in real time. Contrast this with BEin's coverage of the DL races, where you see less than half of the race, and you often see only the leading group, which may be only a couple of runners, and you do not see the finishers after the first couple, because they are showing the winner grabbing his/her flag and posing.

I wish the DL live results were half as good.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Torie Bowie is in great shape....those 200s are really helping in the 100

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA View Post
                              Torie Bowie is in great shape....those 200s are really helping in the 100
                              Probably worth 0.2 faster on a regular track.

Comment

Working...
                              X