• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF Junior Championships--June 24-26

First off, where's the heat sheets?
    All I've seen thus far are the entry lists
    Meet begins about 40 hours from now!

Second, I thought the Lyles brothers were both injured.
    They're both declared!

Third, 4:07 girl Kate Murphy is entered in the 3000.
    That 4:07 tells me she's capable of a sub-8:50, and a sub-9:00 in a "tactical" race!
    Since, unlike Cain in 2014, she's not a Pro, anything faster than 9:08.6 would be the amateur OUTdoor HSR!!

Both High Hurdles fields are loaded!
    Krah, Holloway, and Zallow for the men, and at least 5 or 6 FAST ones for the women!!

Fourth, are any of the medal faves too YOUNG for the World Junior meet, as was Sydney McLaughlin in 2014??

Fifth, will the temps REALLY be over 100 for this meet??

Just because your declared does'nt mean you will show up at the meet.it just means your entered.At the national meets,and Olympic Trials being declared means just that.You won't know until the meet starts unless through the media the reason is stated whether the athlete is actually competing ,or not.
    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

Murphy should run fast enough to win with the OTs coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        First off, where's the heat sheets?
        All I've seen thus far are the entry lists
        Meet begins about 40 hours from now!
        I don't think heat sheets are ever published earlier than the day before a competition.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

So Kaylyn Whitney and Vashti Cunningham are missing, but I hope at least people like Candace Hill, Sydney McLaughlin and Donovan Brazier are actually going to compete and then go to the WJC.

Comment

WJC participation probably depends on what they do at the OT. My guess would be that if they make the Rio team the WJC is off the table.

Comment

I am hopeful that Bria Matthews (13.73/45-1/2" TJ) is back healthy. She sprained her ankle badly the week leading into NCAA Regionals.

Comment

Fifth, will the temps REALLY be over 100 for this meet??
                weather.com currently saying daily highs will be 96-101-105 (the 109 isn't due until Tuesday :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  WJC participation probably depends on what they do at the OT. My guess would be that if they make the Rio team the WJC is off the table.
                  But combining the WJC and OG is much easier than junior nationals and OT. In any case, Hill isn't likely to make the Olympic team. McLaughlin and Brazier have got much better chances, but neither is a lock.

Comment

heat fears have forced some changes in meet schedule (story posted to front page)

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                      Murphy should run fast enough to win with the OTs coming up.
                      If she's in the 1,500 Efraimson might have something to say about it!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinwr View Post
                        If she's in the 1,500 Efraimson might have something to say about it!
                        Murphy IS in the 1500, along with Efraimson, Rainsberger, and Aragon.
                        The only one of the 2016 HS'ers who have run sub-4:15 who's scratched is Ella Donaghu.
                        So this race should be one of the most interesting.
                        Murphy running 62 for her last lap in a fast 4:07 race is something I'm not certain Efraimson has ever done.

Murphy is also entered in the 3000.
                        Her doubling, and the fact she's also going to race the OT's seems to put paid to any HSR attempts!
                        But that 9:08.6 is so weak, when compared to her 4:07, that I'd think she could cruise the distance, and still break the record!
                        If not, hopefully she'll CRUSH it at World's!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          heat fears have forced some changes in meet schedule (story posted to front page)

Who's bright idea was it to put a national championship meet in Clovis, notorious for being an oven from June to August? Might as well put a track in Death Valley
                          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                            Who's bright idea was it to put a national championship meet in Clovis, notorious for being an oven from June to August? Might as well put a track in Death Valley
                            I don't think the meet normally gets many bidders on these years it is separated from the Trials. If Mt SAC doesn't get the 2020 Trials maybe they would be willing to host the Juniors

Comment

Murphy IS in the 1500, along with Efraimson, Rainsberger, and Aragon.
                              The only one of the 2016 HS'ers who have run sub-4:15 who's scratched is Ella Donaghu.
                              So this race should be one of the most interesting.
                              Murphy running 62 for her last lap in a fast 4:07 race is something I'm not certain Efraimson has ever done.
                              And I AM certain that Murphy hasn't run 2:00.99 or 4:03.xx Still, looks like a dilly of a race.

Comment

Working...
                              X