Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio 2016: 'Welcome to Hell' warn police

I don't remember that kind of greeting in London....

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36653007

EVERY modern Olympics has had dire warnings of unpreparedness, but I really am beginning to worry about Rio's ability to pull all this off in a fitting fashion.

Comment

Don't worry Atticud. I am predicting that Thomas Bach will be able to stand on the closing ceremony stage and pronounce to the world "that the Rio Games have been the greatest Olympic sporting spectacle that I have presided over"

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        Don't worry Atticud.
        Why are you talking to my cow?

https://theidolbabbler.files.wordpre...1625.png?w=833

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          snap

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            Don't worry Atticud. I am predicting that Thomas Bach will be able to stand on the closing ceremony stage and pronounce to the world "that the Rio Games have been the greatest Olympic sporting spectacle that I have presided over"
            Samaranc used to do that until he refused to do it for Atlanta. Rogge and Bach haven't been making any such pronouncements. They certainly won't have too much to say about rio other than thank God it is over and we ain't coming back here!

Comment

Even as a world traveler and one who attended college in a dicey area of Los Angeles, I'm beginning to think that I committed to a very unsafe Olympics. If the muggers don't get me, Zika probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                Even as a world traveler and one who attended college in a dicey area of Los Angeles, I'm beginning to think that I committed to a very unsafe Olympics. If the muggers don't get me, Zika probably will.
                FResh Air Interview on Zika

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...mer-in-the-u-s

Comment

Some things I have heard seem to indicate that during the OG time frame the Zika issue is overblown because it is the coolest and one of the driest times of year.

It is also a measure of how key the Games are to the sport. Lots of golfers and some tennis players pulling out but not the gymnasts, swimmers, volleyball players and T&F athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    Some things I have heard seem to indicate that during the OG time frame the Zika issue is overblown because it is the coolest and one of the driest times of year.

It is also a measure of how key the Games are to the sport. Lots of golfers and some tennis players pulling out but not the gymnasts, swimmers, volleyball players and T&F athletes.
                    The world's best golfer will be playing for gold in Rio

Comment

Everything is fine... http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/americ...y-parts-found/

Comment

There's also recently been some major gun fights on the only highway leading to the venues. The highway goes directly through areas controlled by rival gangs that most residents avoid.

Comment

Sure Brazil is plagued by a deadly brain shrinking virus... but at least their government is free from corruption !

Comment

The latest how well it is going in Rio....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/03/op...l-right-region

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

Why would gymnasts and volleyball players care? They play their sports indoors. Also, what is the risk for track athletes if they simply wear clothing with good coverage while not actively competing and/or insect repellent when outdoors?

Comment

Working...
                              X